Page 1 of 2
do you guys actually think dimebag darrell is the greatest guitarist of all time? i mean theres vai, van halen, rhoads, satriani, malmsteen however you spell his name i mean i think chuck schuldiner is better than dimebag darrell, someone help me with this one...

yes there are thousands of great guitar players unnoticed and noticed but my friends were likek "dimebag is the best" and "dimebag is better than anyone" but i mean does anyone here really think dimebag was that great? i myself prefer rhoads over dimebag but i need opinions here...
Last edited by Thrasher21 at Aug 16, 2007,
What a dumb question.

There's no such thing as greatest guitarist of all time. All of the other guitarists you mentioned are lolsauce.
There are hundreds of players better than Dime. Dime was good, but horribly overrated.
There is no true "Greatest" guitarist.
Differnet guitarists are better than others at different things.
Do I think dime is The best? No
Do I appreciate him? Hell yes
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Everybody knows David Gilmour is the best guitarist ever.
Duh
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Dimebag's playing is so terrible that one of his own fans killed him.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Zakk>dime in my opinion. They are fair game to compare.

Saying david gilmour is better is hard to do. Thats why those shredders cant be compared to him..
Quote by leftybassdude

Lmao
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth
And that's not taking into account jazz players and classical guitar players.
What about Paco De Lucia, Yama****a, John Mclaughlin, Chris Broderick, Li Jie...

EDIT: lol at the "Yamashita"
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by leftybassdude

OMFG I WILL ****ING CHOKE YOU TO DEATH AND KILL YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!
Quote by leftybassdude

LOL are you serious?
Dime is a good guitarist, don't get me wrong, but he is in no way the best ever. I really hate how people all of a sudden started hailing him after he got killed.

I agree. Chuck>Dimebag.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by urik
What about Paco De Lucia, Yama****a, John Mclaughlin, Chris Broderick, Li Jie...

Dude, it's UG. Do you think anyone here ever even take into consideration of genres outside rock and metal?
Who cares whos the best, why can't people just enjoy music without having to argue who is the best?
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
Quote by leftybassdude

haha i lol'ed
and i do think dime is way to overrated just because he died.
Quote by Thrasher21
do you guys actually think dimebag darrell is the greatest guitarist of all time? i mean theres vai, van halen, rhoads, satriani, malmsteen however you spell his name i mean i think chuck schuldiner is better than dimebag darrell, someone help me with this one...

For some he is, for others he is not.

kthxbai

EDIT:

I'm sick of these kinds of threads. "this is overrated", "that is overrated", stfu we don't care.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Last edited by Hells_Bell at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by urik

EDIT: lol at the "Yamashita"

Paco De Lucia
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Venetallica, stop embarrasing yourself. It was a joke. Dimebag was awesome but deffinately not the best.
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
Who cares whos the best, why can't people just enjoy music without having to argue who is the best?

People are arrogant.
Dimebag was a great guitarist. Without him and a few other bands durring the 90's, metal would have been took over by korn,limpbizket,and slipknot. Thanks for keeping it real Dime.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood

This is right.

Along with my post, too
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by human-blasphamy
Dimebag was a great guitarist. Without him and a few other bands durring the 90's, metal would have been took over by korn,limpbizket,and slipknot. Thanks for keeping it real Dime.

Not really.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by leftybassdude

I will make u suffer for this remark. NEVER EVER BADMOUTH DIME!!!!
*walks to your house and decapitates you with a guitar string.*

Dime is my favorite guitar player to be honest i know that theres better but he was a very creative guitarist.
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
It's quite clear that Adrian Smith and Dave Murray are the greatest guitarists of all time (and also Dave Gilmour).

Dime was good, though.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood

+1
Quote by Venetallica
OMFG I WILL ****ING CHOKE YOU TO DEATH AND KILL YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!

thank you Venetallica i share you opinion of this fool.
but i think my idea of decapitating him with a guitar string might be more painful and slower.

either that or crucify him on a cross made of the bones of his loved ones and then burn his house down.

or both
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by Darkone666
I will make u suffer for this remark. NEVER EVER BADMOUTH DIME!!!!
*walks to your house and decapitates you with a guitar string.*

That was so embarrassing that I'm going to call you out on it and laugh.
im not even really a fan hell i dont listen to alot of metal but listen dime was more than a good guitarist hes considered great for the dude he was cuz he was a badass cool mother****er
Whats worse, Dimebag fanboys or Dimebag himself? Its a pretty close call
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
well im a bad-ass cool mother****er and play guitar, does that make me great also?
Quote by Thrasher21
well im a bad-ass cool mother****er and play guitar, does that make me great also?

Do you have a beard that's dyed partly red?
Quote by poopt
Dude, it's UG. Do you think anyone here ever even take into consideration of genres outside rock and metal?

Yep, and lots of UG does

Dimebag was good, but like others said, it's subjective. To those who said David Gilmour...I wouldn't say he's a good guitarist, but he is a great musician.
its all a matter of opinion.. i mean.. i think he was good at what he did.. but thats the same as when i say my buddies 5 chords are good for the gospel he plays with his family (laem i know but we love him anyway).. i personally think to say the /best/ ever with anyone is an exageration, theres no way to test it, i mean if you can play fast fine but do you have the theory and experience and the ear, the talent.. etc.. theres just so many factors and its hard to judge that sort of thing.. i like everything from the most simple of stuff like the Sex Pistols to ****in sweeps all over the place like say.. the classical im learning (dont laugh its for the sake of the experience ill get out of it.. i wanna learn as many styles as i can)
sincerley
P O E
UGs gayest straight guy ever
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by TMVolta19
Venetallica, stop embarrasing yourself. It was a joke. Dimebag was awesome but deffinately not the best.

oh......i kno that ...i just thought he was a fool
oh quit being bitchs just answer the ****ing question already, is he that great or not?
theres a lot of famous guitarists who are only well known because of their band, most of which are fairly overrated eg. slash, angus young, the edge, billie-joe armstrong, kurt cobain, its the catchy riffs and sounds that make people think theyr so good.

ive probably made a lot of enemies just now lol....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.