Page 1 of 16
well it bugs the crap out of me when someone whos never heard me play ask "how good are you?". i dont really know what to say because if i say im good they might compare me to a guitarist like slash. so i usually say "im ok i guess but my friends say im good".
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
i always get the Are you playing seinfeld question?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
ugh....
"will you teach me how to play?"
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
I brought my guitar to school once and I was asked to play 50 cent, I just walked away with my guitar.
OMFG

I always get the ...

"Damn Your So Good!" Remark.

and it'll be for playin some dumb cheesy chord progression that even a total newb could play.

when people say that to easy stuff, itmakes you feel so retarded.

and the "Can You Play :enter popular song here:?" one sucks too.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
"what sort of guitar do you have?"
if i tell you, are you going to know what the **** it is anyway!?
Quote by lp_std

+1 It seems if it's not a gibson les paul, non guitarists don't know what it is.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
dude, don't even bother to ask those, whenever someone asks me something like that, or the more common "are you good?" I just shrug my shoulders and go "nah" in a way taht says "sorto, i dunno" then i tell them that I've been playing for two years and am mostly self taught (I've had one 'formal' lesson in which a guy taught me the Am, Em, G and D chords).

so, just ignore those questions and shrug them off because there will be always someone better than you or someone that people think's better than you, wether it's Hendrix, Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, SVR, Slash, Page, Young or any guitarrist that has ever achieved world fame. just shrug them off and keep going with life, cause it's not about how fast you can play or how you can abuse pinch harmonics while playing a live concert for Ozzy (I'm looking at you Wylde) or how impossibly complex is your music (Petrucci) but it's about how well you can consolidate your ideas and express them through the guitar
"Play the Mario theme"
"How good are you?"
"Whoa, that was awesome"

I'm usually pretty modest, so I don't like when non-players tell me I'm awesome for playing something that's really not that hard. And one of my friends always asks me to play the Mario theme, so that's annoying too. First of all, I don't know it, and second, what a random request, wtf?
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by lp_std

I've resorted to just answering that question with "Electric."
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by tymoo22
ugh....
"will you teach me how to play?"

I hate that one as well. I would love to throw curses at whoever asks that, but it's not nice so I just go along with it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
"play nirvana or greenday"
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by pnkrockfishermn
well it bugs the crap out of me when someone whos never heard me play ask "how good are you?". i dont really know what to say because if i say im good they might compare me to a guitarist like slash. so i usually say "im ok i guess but my friends say im good".

i always say "not as good as i'd like to be"... i'm pretty sure that works for everyone always...
I get the "Are you good?" a lot. I'll try the "I'd like to be better" response, sounds solid and like it doesn't offer much of a re-response.
Quote by Teabag of Truth
"Play the Mario theme"
"How good are you?"
"Whoa, that was awesome"

I'm usually pretty modest, so I don't like when non-players tell me I'm awesome for playing something that's really not that hard. And one of my friends always asks me to play the Mario theme, so that's annoying too. First of all, I don't know it, and second, what a random request, wtf?

I can play the mario theme..
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
I was sittin playin the pilgrim in music yesterday on one of the schools Squier knock-offs (how cheap is that) and this girl comes up and asks if i play electric or acoustic.

When i asked her what the guitar looked like she replied "an electrical acoustic" then when i asked her if she knew theres not much diference between an electric and an acoustic she told me that "nearly all" electrics have 4 strings.....
Screw you guys, i'm goin home
Quote by BlairMcBob
I was sittin playin the pilgrim in music yesterday on one of the schools Squier knock-offs (how cheap is that) and this girl comes up and asks if i play electric or acoustic.

When i asked her what the guitar looked like she replied "an electrical acoustic" then when i asked her if she knew theres not much diference between an electric and an acoustic she told me that "nearly all" electrics have 4 strings.....

Wow, bassists. I think we've found your problem. lol j/k
i really hate it when people worship complete noobs. like when they play an easy ass solos and emo chord progressions.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
My mum is the key offender,

Play Tears in heaven, play tears in heaven, play tears in heaven,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I have awesome hair
Quote by hug a llama
"Are you in a band?"

go get a band

Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by burrit0
Can you play *enter popular song here*?

+infinity

OR

"Hey can you play generic pop song that consists of G major, C Major, and D Major?"
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
Last edited by ThousandEyes at Aug 16, 2007,
Whats a Bass?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by burrit0
Can you play *enter popular song here*?

yeh ..... tis quite anoying seeing that i can hardly play anything

And um "whats that thing you hold in your hand" Its my ****ing nob... um i mean plectrum.....Plectrum i said plectrum
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

NUMBAH 1 MEMBER OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD OWN CLUB Pm me to join

Member of the "I Hope MCR Are In a Plane Crash and There Are No Survivors" Club
PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
"what kind of guitar do you play"
"erm.. I have (blah blah epiphone blah yamaha)"
"soo..Electric? acoustic?"
"..."

AND

"Do you play Electric or acoustic???"
"..."

EDIT: And this one Below V
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Jimmyyoung at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
how about when they ask u to play the same song over and over again

+100000000000000000

"oooh, thats cool, play eruption again!"

****ing eruption...
Quote by Garret.
Whats a Bass?

its even more annoying when my bassist asks me that
POST FINDER
I play bass...so..

"PLAY SEINFELD!!"
"where are the other two strings?"
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
"Play Smoke On The Water."

Quote by ThousandEyes

"Hey can you play generic pop song that consists of G major, C Major, and D Major?"

That's just Sweet Child O' Mine backwards
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Aug 16, 2007,
"how much did it cost?"
then they proceed to tell me i got ripped for buying a 200 doller guitar.
i usualy respond with GTFO

i also hate people who ask me what the song is called when im just randomly messing around with scales.
its not a bad question but its anoying cause when you say "oh its just scales, im just messing around" they get all huffy cause its not a "real"( maby popular is a better word) song
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/AchillesCore.png[/img]

Quote by drakenshadow
no.

women are sketchy...
Last edited by avenged_lover06 at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by hug a llama
"Are you in a band?"

That one doesn't really bug me so much, I can just say "Yes, and we are smoking hot."
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
"can u play green day?"

and

"how good are you?"

i always get asked that about 50 times a day when i bring my guitar in