Hi everyone. I am stocked between the two guitars in the title..

Ibanez RG350EX -» 450€ / 605 $ / 305 £

Neck: 3pc Wizard II neck
NeckType: Wizard II
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Sharktooth
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: IBZ INF3 neck pu
BridgePU: IBZ INFS3 mid pu
MiddlePU: IBZ INF4 bridge pu

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG350EX

Ibanez MTM2 -» 500€ / 670 $ / 338£

Neck: 5pc Wizard II neck
NeckType: Wizard II
Body: Mahogany body
Frets:
Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: n/a
Bridge: Fixed Edge III bridge
NeckPU: IBZ V7 neck pu
MiddlePU: IBZ V8 bridge pu

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=MTM2

So, I really want the MTM2, is a "perfect guitar" for me.. I only play metal (death, black, power sometimes), and it's mahogany, fixed bridge, and look b-e-a-u-tifulll . But I want your opinion guys, 50€ is almost nothing. The edge lll fixed is bad? second I read, the edgelll fixed hasn't knifes egdes.So, i need your help guys

ps: i only have 500€ ( 670 $ / 338£ )
Last edited by Op3a at Aug 16, 2007,
Ibanez RG350EX gets my vote, i think it looks a whole lot better, and tbh, its little differencein price, but the cheaper appeals to me much more. dunno why... i also prefer less parts to the neck, 5 seems a little much.

EWWWWW!
a fixed bridge is a fixed bridge as far as i'm concerned. go with the one you like.
i love my 350dx though :-)
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
What pu's should I buy? (after buying a engl, of course ) Seymour Duncan Blackout's, a Hot Road set (JB/'59), Duncan Custom/'59, Dimarzio Tonezone/Air Norton ? It's basicaly for metal, and some clean stuff (I mostly play Arch Enemy [Amott FTW!!! ) . What is your opinion guys?
I'm getting the Blackouts for my Viper once I get my new amp, I've heard good thigns so far about them.
Quote by Op3a
What pu's should I buy? (after buying a engl, of course ) Seymour Duncan Blackout's, a Hot Road set (JB/'59), Duncan Custom/'59, Dimarzio Tonezone/Air Norton ? It's basicaly for metal, and some clean stuff (I mostly play Arch Enemy [Amott FTW!!! ) . What is your opinion guys?

Well, the Amott brothers for the most part use Seymour Duncans.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Well, the Amott brothers for the most part use Seymour Duncans.

Yes, michael amott uses JB/'59, and christopher uses a JB and hot rails... But they also uses Krank's and Peavey JSX, i just plan to buy a little engl screamer or a fireball . I'm confused, i see guys like laiho and mick thomson changing to the news blackout's.. So i don't now, you understand better than me, i guess
Quote by Op3a
Yes, michael amott uses JB/'59, and christopher uses a JB and hot rails... But they also uses Krank's and Peavey JSX, i just plan to buy a little engl screamer or a fireball . I'm confused, i see guys like laiho and mick thomson changing to the news blackout's.. So i don't now, you understand better than me, i guess

Mike used a Krank Revo and a 5150 in a Krank case (Although, he switched to Randall now).
a fixed edge3 bridge shouldnt be bad since their will be no heavy whammy usage to wear it down
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Guitarislife125
Mike used a Krank Revo and a 5150 in a Krank case (Although, he switched to Randall now).

Yes I now, a Randall V2.. Anyway, the point is they use high-end amps, a squier sound awseome in any amp of them (no offense ). I don't now if i go with passives of actives..

^ They don't have knifes egdes, so sould be ok

The bridge wouln't move, right?
Last edited by Op3a at Aug 17, 2007,
Quote by Op3a
Yes I now, a Randall V2.. Anyway, the point is they use high-end amps, a squier sound awseome in any amp of them (no offense ). I don't now if i go with passives of actives..

If you have the option, go play test some guitars with either pickup types.
hmm i must admit tho that guitar does look pretty sexy
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
^ i think that doesn't exist a guitar that come with blackout's already, and to be sell in portugal, will take a longgg time.. I already the JB, but was in a alder body, and sound a bit trebly..

^ yes it looks georgeous

Last edited by Op3a at Aug 17, 2007,
Quote by Op3a
^ i think that doesn't exist a guitar that come with blackout's already, and to be sell in portugal, will take a longgg time.. I already the JB, but was in a alder body, and sound a bit trebly..

Ya, I meant checking out some mahogany/EMGd guitars to get the idea of actives.

JBs sound awesome in mahogany imo.
^ The last time i play a jackson with sd'd and a jackson with emg's, both alder.. The sd's (JB/'59) had less output, but a better tone in my opinion. That's why i don't ask about emg's
The MTM2 is the Mick Thompson one right? That looks real nice, but i like the Red one WAY more, my favourite colour. The fixed EDGE 3 looks like a waste though, and there is no tone knob on Micks guitars either ( i think )
^ yes, i like the red more to, but it's costs 2x more.. The edge is fixed, so souldn't have problem, i think. I don't need tone knob, i never use with, i only play metal, isn't very usefull