I'm thinking of creating a website that lists small, challenging tabs that can be incorporated into one's practice routine. I'd like to be able to tag the snippets based on what technique they cover (sweeps/left-hand dexterity/etc.) and maybe an overall difficulty level. I'd let users submit their own tabs as well.

Does something like this already exist? Would it be used?
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
Well, you are on UG.
So yeah, it kindof does exist, and you're already on it.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I disagree. Let me explain myself further.

Newbies like myself tend to only know a little bit of music to pull practice material from - generally, whatever they want to play or are familiar with. But there is so much more out there that can be instructive to learn. For example, a bass player who isn't familiar with Muse wouldn't know that Hysteria has an awesome bass line that is perfect for developing speed on. They would need to have heard of the band, the song, and know that it has a bass line that is worth investing time into to develop technique. Usually, most players just say, "I want to develop speed/dexterity" and aren't sure what to do to reach that goal. This is quite problematic if you are in a rut, because one of the best ways to break out of the rut is to learn a different style of music.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
Oh, i understand what you're saying.
But the stuff you listed, like a list of songs that have good bass parts to learn, and lessons on how to do things, they're all on UG.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I believe what you're doing is trying to eliminate the need for UG. It's all about helping people- and besides, if you create the site, than only your ideas go onto it. With UG, you'll get dozens of ideas.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!