Our Band Name is Monic. We are in the process of recording a demo. We have 3 songs up, if you to crit one i would choose "Isonomatron" (I am proud of the build up and the chorus ). I realize the vocals might not be the strongest, I have no formal singing experience and am trying my best, it seems all the imperfections come out during recording.

Crit for crit of course

And i also get you try out the music feature for UG: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/monic/
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Last edited by kmaster 1337 at Aug 16, 2007,
Dude thats prettey good, although the vocals are a bit weak but i can see why from your explanation. Would you please check out my band on www.myspace.com/mercuryprogressive and like leave a comment either on this thread or PM me?

Love
Peace
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by BobChicken
Dude thats prettey good, although the vocals are a bit weak but i can see why from your explanation. Would you please check out my band on www.myspace.com/mercuryprogressive and like leave a comment either on this thread or PM me?

Love
Peace

Nice stuff. I'm Loving the improvisational feel. The slap bass and the phrasing of the solo give it a really nice feel, and I love the acoustic break. The only things i can really criticize, and being rather picky while i do so, is improve the quality of the drum, they sound a little lo-fi especially the snare, and on the break, some notes sound slightly sour, not because of your playing, but because of slight tuning errors it sounds. Overall very nice effort.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
not bad. the build to the chorus was great. i love the chorus. the only thing i didnt like r the drums, i think u were tryin to complicate things to much, just get a simple drum beat. the piano seemed a lil out of tune and timing some times, but still pretty good. u need another vocalist, simple as i can put it. this is stil a very solid attempt. keep it up, u have some good stuff to work with. crit mine, link is in my sig under recordings
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by northerncall
hey check out my acoustic solo album tell me what you think add me if you like what you hear for future updates www.myspace.com/northerncall thank you

How about you crit my stuff first, aka: what this thread is for.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
I really liked it, sounds a lot like Pink Floyd but in a very good way. I actually didn't mind the vocals they were way better than what a lot of bands have these days with a high pitched whiney voice. I like End of the Road which was pretty upbeat and electronic sounding. It reminded me of an upbeat Nine Inch Nails. I like the drums in On Trial, again the vocals are really original and aren't that bad. Isonomatron was really cool too, that's what gave me a big Pink Floyd vibe. Keep it up man that was really good. Would you mind critting mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651575
Quote by Manic Subsidul
Not bad at all man. The vocals are pretty cool and sound really original. The guitar tone is really awesome how'd you obtain that? Maybe a little too much reverb on the voice but it sounds cool anyways.

Crit Mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650049

Its got some phaser on it and/or chorus, I'm not 100% which.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Quote by kmaster 1337
Nice stuff. I'm Loving the improvisational feel. The slap bass and the phrasing of the solo give it a really nice feel, and I love the acoustic break. The only things i can really criticize, and being rather picky while i do so, is improve the quality of the drum, they sound a little lo-fi especially the snare, and on the break, some notes sound slightly sour, not because of your playing, but because of slight tuning errors it sounds. Overall very nice effort.

Cheers mate! Also we are all just thirteen! Life is good
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
That is HOT! I love the vocals, how they're just a tiny bit weaker than they should be, it adds a nice "not perfect" vibe, and the whole piece has a great atmosphere.
I don't really like the vocals in "on trial" but the song sounds great...especially drums. very good quality. The vocals just don't sound very clear, a little muffled and hard to hear in my headphones. They get better though the more I listen. Maybe you're just singing weaker at first or something.

Isonomatron sounds really awesome. It has a great eerie vibe. I love the piano. I thought this one was much more interesting to listen to.

thanks for the crit.