So all I've got right now is a the Digitech Grunge petal I got for free from a friend, and I hate it. The grunge just doesn't sound good to me. I've been looking to buy a new petal, don't worry about price for now. I play a lot of Megadeth & Metallica and I was thinking about getting the either the Death Metal or the Metal Master petal. Which would you recommend? Or maybe a different petal?
If you hate the Digitech Grunge, why would you look for another Digitech?

Maybe an EHX Metal Muff, instead?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd recommend a Pro Co Rat II or Turbo Rat, because they're amazing in ways that can't be described.

Marshall Jackhammers and Electro Harmonix Big Muffs aren't half bad either.

For the tone you're after though the Turbo Rat will serve you best of the ones I mentioned.
Quote by RadioMuse

Marshall Jackhammers... aren't half bad either.

thats a lie
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
get a big amp, turn it up till your ears are about to bleed. its a beautiful thing
first thing, i notice many users really do say petal. is it that pedal is also called petal or they really think it's called petal? can't be a typo because T and D are appart from on the keyboard and they say it more than once.

second, what is your budget? i recommend the sansamp gt-2..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Sorry about the peTal thing. Yes I believe it is pedal, while petal is like the petal of a flower. Also, nothing riddiculously priced. Not too much more than 80 bucks probably? I'm looking for a simple one. I did like the Digitech Pedal itself because it was easy to use, but I just couldnt stand the grunge sound on it.
Quote by slatsmania
If you hate the Digitech Grunge, why would you look for another Digitech?

Maybe an EHX Metal Muff, instead?

I used to have one!

I had one along with a DS-1. It was essentially the same pedal as the DS-1, but shittier.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
The EHX Double Muff is about 60 and can get a great range from bluesy overdrive to really heavy, that one might be good
A friend of mine said the Boss MetalZone was pretty good. But I don't know personally.
Fender Rosewood Sunburst Mexican Stratocaster
Dunlop Classic Fasel Inductor Crybaby Wah
Digitech Whammy
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DS-II Turbo Distortion
BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay
BOSS CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Crate GX-15
The old DOD grunge pedals were awesome way better then the new ones that have come out.

Try out the hot head pedal it's not to bad!
Quote by frustrat62
A friend of mine said the Boss MetalZone was pretty good. But I don't know personally.

no. the mt-2 sucks.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

Well I have a Hot Head which isn't your genre but my point is it works beautifully ^^

As in DigiTech is a good way to go.

Not saying other companies aren't just saying this one is a reliable company.

I mean I'm sure other companies are just as reliable.

Maybe.
Twevo, you stole what I was about to say, and I second what he said. I got a range from Clapton and SRV on single to Metallica on double on my amps clean
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by mothership
no. the mt-2 sucks.

Like pretty much every Boss pedal
Quote by Johnonon
Twevo, you stole what I was about to say, and I second what he said. I got a range from Clapton and SRV on single to Metallica on double on my amps clean

Yeah well, I just kick A$$.
Quote by Twevo
Like pretty much every Boss pedal

amen
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!

Quote by Armchair Bronco

^^idiots

ive got an rp150 which is the lowest model from their new rp range. with a lot of tweaking it can sound alright, especially for some digital thing playing through a solid state amp but youre not going to get a good serious tone out of any pedal on its own. you wont be able to get a really good tone without a good amp
get the digitech rp 250. its really amazing. it has a bunch of different effects to try out with i think, over 11 different types of distortion. its better than the rp 150 :p since it comes with the expression pedal which works as a wah and volume pedal.

its a nice pedal to buy to try everything out. its not the best each individual effect, but i does carry its own weight. it costed me a flat $130.00 from guitar center.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
yeah. its so versatile. i dropped it once on concrete, and it survived O.o
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!