Page 3 of 45
Quote by Victor Manuel
I just received mine yesterday
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee246/vmb07/

My word that guitar is sexy. I want one now lol.

Quote by bknife
Didn't want to make a new thread. I was thinking of getting this guitar because I like the color.
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3100sptbl.html

But I wanted to know, I've never seen a bridge like that before. What's different about it? Does it have better sustain?

Someone over on AGF bought the model with a P90 in the neck and in black finish. Loves the guitar just got it routed for a stop tail. I think its a cool guitar I just don't like the trapeze system. It will probable have more string tension but I really don't know. If anything since it doesn't have stop tail posts you could get a Bigsby installed and have a real kick ass guitar.

Quote by thedonutman
I want/need a Agile Interceptor Pro (7 string)

Is it possible to get one in the UK?

Im talking about the neckthru one with the EMGs, not the standard bolt on one.

Its probably possible. You just have to contact Kurt to get the shipping cleared up. Also there may not be any chance of returns on a shipment like that though but talk to Kurt because I'm not sure.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by bknife
Didn't want to make a new thread. I was thinking of getting this guitar because I like the color.
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3100sptbl.html

But I wanted to know, I've never seen a bridge like that before. What's different about it? Does it have better sustain?

Oh man that guitar is beautiful... I would get that if I didn't already have my AL-2000.

I put DiMarzio's in my Agile, a PAF Pro in the neck and an EVO 2 in the bridge. I coil tapped the PAF Pro and redid all the electronics on it. It sounds 1000x times better now (not saying it sounded bad before). I have so much love for Agile and Rondo in general. I have an Agile acoustic-electric and a Brice 6 string bass and all are great. The thing I love the most is that they have such great left handed models at so cheap.

I'm looking at buying an SX strat copy now. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks.
Quote by Green_Sponge
I'm looking at buying an SX strat copy now. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks.

I'm looking into picking one up also. I've heard good things about them. Great project guitars. The only issue I have heard come up from time to time is that the hardware is crap but that is too be expected from the price. You gotta save money some how and the necks and bodies alone are worth the price in some cases.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

if a guitar goes out of stock on rondo, how long until they get one back in? the model im interested in is the AL-3000 Slim Taper neck.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
Rondo does major restocks two to three times a year. Contact Kurt for specific model restocks.

ok thanks.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
I'm looking into picking one up also. I've heard good things about them. Great project guitars. The only issue I have heard come up from time to time is that the hardware is crap but that is too be expected from the price. You gotta save money some how and the necks and bodies alone are worth the price in some cases.

Yeah, the necks and bodies are great. I'd expect to change the pickups anyhow. Hardware can get expensive, but I think it'd be a good experience for me to switch those out too. Most other places an unfinished body alone is usually over $100, so even if you just look at it as a body and neck, that's still a great deal. Now I just gotta save some money lol.
Quote by Green_Sponge
Yeah, the necks and bodies are great. I'd expect to change the pickups anyhow. Hardware can get expensive, but I think it'd be a good experience for me to switch those out too. Most other places an unfinished body alone is usually over $100, so even if you just look at it as a body and neck, that's still a great deal. Now I just gotta save some money lol.

You and me both when it comes to the money. if this job interview comes through I part of my first check is going to a SX strat.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

How are the Agile Strat copies? I know they've been mentioned above, but how would they relate to a MIM?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

I have never seen, played or even heard of Agile until I joined this forum. It seems to me that they get great reveiws for the most part. I would love to try a few out and see for myself. Rondo Music is pretty close to me but they say thier showroom is now closed. I would have liked to check out the Explorer or V type guitars by Agile. I did some searches and only found Agile guitars at Rondo is this their exclusive brand?
Yep Agile is only sold through Rondo exclusively.

And to mydogpoops,
I have an ST-1000 FAT and the thing is great, I think it easily blows away and MIM Fat Strat. The ST-1000 has some pretty nice hardware (Wilkinson 2 point trem, Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners <-not really locking but they get the job done). I have heard people don't really like the pickups on the single coil version but you could probably throw in new ones at the price of an MIM.
Thanks, I emailed them to see if there was anyway to check them out but they do not have an open showroom anymore. I hate to buy a guitar blind even though I have thru Ebay and lucked out so far. Kurt said sorry but there is no way that i can try out any guitars. I was looking at the Explorer or V. I like the non traditional shaped guitars and I really don't have an Explorer type guitar except for an old Hondo Explorer bass that I changed the fretted neck to a fretless neck. I am not far from Rondo and I was hoping they had a brick and mortar store. Oh well maybe I can bump into someone local that has one i can try out.
If your in the NY area your free to try mine. But you could always buy from Kurt and if you hate the guitar for some reason just send it back. Kurt has a great return policy.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Nevermind... Made an error. Will repost when I get the correct info.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Sep 4, 2007,
Thanks, I'm in Boston I don't get out to NY that often. NH is only 30 miles away and I travel there almost weekly to vist so I was hoping I could check out Rondo. I do not need another guitar actually I have more than I need as it is but I can't pass up a cool guitar for a good price. LOL Craigs list kills me I find a lot of deals there I just can't pass on. I got 3 guitars there last month for less than $100.00 ea. A DEAN ML Noir, Epiphone Firebird and Schecter Demon. How can I pass, all three are in awesome shape and sound and play great. I also checked them out to be sure they are not hot. At those prices you can never be too sure.
^I'm the same way when it comes to finding guitars at steal prices. If its good and I like it I'll buy it lol. Wish you luck finding somewhere to try out an Agile.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

I'm getting ready to sell my Agile. I'm waiting on a deal to go through on my Hondo first. Once the Hondo trade is over and I have a standby guitar ready I will be selling or possibly trading off my AL-3100 Wide. I just can't put up with the weight much more and I really want to get my PRS back. I am going to save for an CE once I start working but I am gonna spend some time on the net looking to trade my AL for a PRS SE Custom or a Fender H1 strat.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

With next pay check im gonna get this
http://www.rondomusic.net/product768.html
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
I've got a question. o-o How good are the Agile Baritone guitars? I've looked around but can't really find that much info on it. So does anyone know how good the tone/action, ect ect ect is?
My stuff:
Squier '51
Fender CD-60
Fender Frontman 15-G
lets sway this thread away from the AL's for a while... i gots me a tele t630 and its teh sexorz
I bought an old DEAN V as a project guitar the other day from a guy and we got to talking and he told me he has owned a few Agile guitars and that they were OK but he said he got a LP copy from a company called Tradition that he liked a whole lot better. He brought it out for me to try and I tell you the guitar was beutiful a flawless clear green finish and well made. I plugged it in his Marshall halfstack and played a few notes. I have to say it was a great guitar not ever having an Agile in my hands I can't form my opinion of which one is better. I do have to say I wouldn't mind owning a Tradition guitar from what I have experianced so far. I noticed Rondo also carries another line of less expensive guitars (SX) are they any good?
Quote by Down Shifter
With next pay check im gonna get this
http://www.rondomusic.net/product768.html

Smexy beast.

Quote by Punkrock93
I've got a question. o-o How good are the Agile Baritone guitars? I've looked around but can't really find that much info on it. So does anyone know how good the tone/action, ect ect ect is?

I've been looking at the Baritones lately myself. I've talk to users who own the standard AG's and the Seven string interceptors and they think they are good guitars. The necks seems to be about the same as the AL's but the access to the upper registry is alot better. Tone wise the pups seem to be clearly then EMG's but the middle single coil is passive and as a result has less volume then the humbuckers. I'd like to pick one up myself but funds won't allow it and I have other purchases that come before it.

Quote by killsPEACHES
lets sway this thread away from the AL's for a while... i gots me a tele t630 and its teh sexorz

I don't hear much about them really. I heard about the TC-1000 awhile back and that seemed to be a really good guitar. Just some people had issues with a non bookmatched body.

Quote by johnro6659
I bought an old DEAN V as a project guitar the other day from a guy and we got to talking and he told me he has owned a few Agile guitars and that they were OK but he said he got a LP copy from a company called Tradition that he liked a whole lot better. He brought it out for me to try and I tell you the guitar was beutiful a flawless clear green finish and well made. I plugged it in his Marshall halfstack and played a few notes. I have to say it was a great guitar not ever having an Agile in my hands I can't form my opinion of which one is better. I do have to say I wouldn't mind owning a Tradition guitar from what I have experianced so far. I noticed Rondo also carries another line of less expensive guitars (SX) are they any good?

I've heard of Tradition guitars. Never played them personally though. Some people I heard said they were total crap and others loved them. I doubt they could be complete crap. Maybe a good mod based guitar like an Agile. I'd like ot pick one up one day and take it for a spin though.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

They are both good guitars for their price range. With a few mods the SX SJM would probably be a good quality instrument (tuners, nut, bridge). And plus its got that nice unique look to it.

People who have the AG-3000 tend to like em. The active buckers in em supposedly sound more toned down like an EMG60. Another thing is that the neck might be a bit chunky on their (maybe along the lines of something like an LP or schecter). You can still get the Black AG-3000 for $300 which is an amazing deal for something with active pups and the like.
I loooove the sx stuff

I remember the first one I got an LP gold top copy... I couldn't believe how nice that thing was.
Reviving this, since you guys seem to have some experience with the brand.

Thought I'd decided on getting a Danelectro, but then I found the Agile stuff. A couple caught my eye.

http://www.rondomusic.com/valkyrieiiip90.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1220.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/stlash.html (or one of the other Teles. assuming the wiring is the same, may convert it into an Esquire)

Leaning more towards the SG-ish one or a Tele-style of some sort. the higher priced Tele I could get if there's a significant quality increase, but I really like the look of the Ash one....

So, any help here? are these guys worth getting?
Quote by Wulver
Reviving this, since you guys seem to have some experience with the brand.

Thought I'd decided on getting a Danelectro, but then I found the Agile stuff. A couple caught my eye.

http://www.rondomusic.com/valkyrieiiip90.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1220.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/stlash.html (or one of the other Teles. assuming the wiring is the same, may convert it into an Esquire)

Leaning more towards the SG-ish one or a Tele-style of some sort. the higher priced Tele I could get if there's a significant quality increase, but I really like the look of the Ash one....

So, any help here? are these guys worth getting?

Well I've heard some good things about the original Valkyrie's. New models I haven't heard much of but I wouldn't think quality would have made a huge drop if any at all. As for the PS thats one of the newer models and I haven't come across anyone with one or have any experience with it. The model is basically the original PS-100 which is a great guitar but instead this has P-90's. But what sound are you looking for really? You have two mahogany based guitars with P-90's and a Ash tele with single coils to choose from. Only thing I can comment on the SX is the necks are said to be chunkier then normal strat and tele necks but I did that kind of thing on certain guitars and that would have to be your personal preference.

Quote by JD Red LP
Anyone know anything about these guitars:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1256.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1230.html

I'm really liking the neck through one, and neither of them are really expensive, but that's what worries me...

A user over on AGF bough the neck thru model. I'd hate you if you got it though because that would just make it closer to selling out before I get some money together lol. Anywho it seems to be a great guitar. FR will need some setup obviously but if you know what your doing no problem.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol

A user over on AGF bough the neck thru model. I'd hate you if you got it though because that would just make it closer to selling out before I get some money together lol. Anywho it seems to be a great guitar. FR will need some setup obviously but if you know what your doing no problem.

I think I'm gonna get that. I want another FR style guitar so I can have one in standard and my Ibanez in D standard.

The string-through looks so sexy though, decisions...
Well I've heard some good things about the original Valkyrie's. New models I haven't heard much of but I wouldn't think quality would have made a huge drop if any at all. As for the PS thats one of the newer models and I haven't come across anyone with one or have any experience with it. The model is basically the original PS-100 which is a great guitar but instead this has P-90's. But what sound are you looking for really? You have two mahogany based guitars with P-90's and a Ash tele with single coils to choose from. Only thing I can comment on the SX is the necks are said to be chunkier then normal strat and tele necks but I did that kind of thing on certain guitars and that would have to be your personal preference.

QUOTE]

Yeah, I know there's a pretty major difference in the specs. All I'm really after is a good psychadelic rock tone, and also a decent slide tone. Thus, I'm open to most single coil types. Basically, the artists I model myself used those guitars and/or pickups.
I actually got to try out a few Agiles and SX guitars at the Boston Guitar show a couple weeks ago. I was hoping Rondo would be there but they didn't make a showing. I have to say I was impressed with both for the money. I didn't get one though there were a few others I liked better and when the show was here I was low on cash. Hell. they charged us 12 bucks for parking and 25 bucks to get in!!! IMHO not worth it. Anyway I got to try out guitars I never would have been able to get my hands on because none of the local guitar shops carry them so it was kind of cool. I noticed a lot of the low end guitar manufacturers are going with set necks over bolt on. There was a no name SG with set neck from a local guy who builds them for less than $150.00 it was an amazing guitar for the price. I don't know if he buys the unfinished guitar blanks and builds them from scratch or not. I forget what he said. Sorry.
Quote by Wulver
Yeah, I know there's a pretty major difference in the specs. All I'm really after is a good psychadelic rock tone, and also a decent slide tone. Thus, I'm open to most single coil types. Basically, the artists I model myself used those guitars and/or pickups.

Well if thats the case I'd probably go with the PS-100 or SX in your shoes. Build specs are mostly the same as the Valk but with a full two octaves (24 frets) for the PS-100. For the SX nothing beats an ash body imo for certain tones and I think it would do great for what you are looking for. The guitars have jumbo frets even the SX to my knowledge. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing for slide guitar as I never tried my hand at it.

Quote by johnro6659
I actually got to try out a few Agiles and SX guitars at the Boston Guitar show a couple weeks ago. I was hoping Rondo would be there but they didn't make a showing. I have to say I was impressed with both for the money. I didn't get one though there were a few others I liked better and when the show was here I was low on cash. Hell. they charged us 12 bucks for parking and 25 bucks to get in!!! IMHO not worth it. Anyway I got to try out guitars I never would have been able to get my hands on because none of the local guitar shops carry them so it was kind of cool. I noticed a lot of the low end guitar manufacturers are going with set necks over bolt on. There was a no name SG with set neck from a local guy who builds them for less than $150.00 it was an amazing guitar for the price. I don't know if he buys the unfinished guitar blanks and builds them from scratch or not. I forget what he said. Sorry.

I'd love to get out to a guitar expo. Just drooling thinking about it lol.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem