Page 4 of 45
Well I just wanted to know what you Agile fans think about the AL-2000. How is its clean tone? How will it sound with a Palomino V6? Is the neck thick on the new Duncan model?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
Well if thats the case I'd probably go with the PS-100 or SX in your shoes. Build specs are mostly the same as the Valk but with a full two octaves (24 frets) for the PS-100. For the SX nothing beats an ash body imo for certain tones and I think it would do great for what you are looking for. The guitars have jumbo frets even the SX to my knowledge. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing for slide guitar as I never tried my hand at it.

Oh, fret size really isn't a problem: all you need for slide is a moderately high action.

Also, well, I was favoring the Valk over the PS-100 due to the Valk being more attractive looking (something about the 100 just doesn't appeal to me). And the Tele.....SX, rather....yeah, apparently the Fender reissue Esquire also has an ash body......if I do a pickup switch and the rewiring.....hmm....

Oh, and hey again elekguit.
Yeah thats one thing I loved about all the SX guitars, they have some nice big fretwire on em!
i am disappointed. they took the agile interceptor EMG off of rondo music
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quick question:

Does anyone hear have the Agile AG-3000?

If so, how is it and if you can, could you post some pics?

Thanks.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well if you want to pay the extra $100 be my guest lol. I entertained buying this guitar but I held back because I'd like a different neck profile.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

What would be a good alternative to an Epi LP(Custom or Standard), preferably cheaper than the Epi versions.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
What would be a good alternative to an Epi LP(Custom or Standard), preferably cheaper than the Epi versions.

Ebay is your friend. I recently got an Epi Custom for just over £200
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Last edited by johnny_tapia at Oct 30, 2007,
I've been deciding recently between a Agile Ghost or a Gibson Faded SG special.

Does anyone own an Agile Ghost? Are they any good?
Quote by mydogpoops

Go for anything from the 2500 range and up. Cheaper then Epi's but great quality. I haven't looked at an Epi in awhile but I think the price matches up around the AL-2800 to AL-3000. If its more you could always go with a better model if you have the cash.

Quote by rockr09
I've been deciding recently between a Agile Ghost or a Gibson Faded SG special.

Does anyone own an Agile Ghost? Are they any good?

Not a Ghost fan myself but I've heard that they are great guitars. Especially the originals if you can get your hands on one. The Gibson Faded series is possibly my least favorite series in the Gibson line up. Not worth the money in most cases. If you get to try a couple out though you could find a great one out of the bunch and if you do by all means pick it up.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

i've been looking into the AL-2800 les paul

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2800csbf.html
i've just been kinda concerned about the pickups.
im not to educated on pickups and stuff, but the site says "New AL-Hot High Output Ceramic Pickups" and "Magnet: Ceramic, Coil 42awg (.063mm) "
I've never heard of em before...does anybody have any idea what they would sound like?

it says high output, so like uncovered DiMarzio humbuckers? or what?

EDIT:
while im here, i've been also checking out the ST-802 and 1000
im more or less looking at fast neck profile.

the ST has a 20mm-22.5mm (1st and 12th frets) while the AL has a 21.5-22
would that make much of a difference?
and does a lower neck profile make for faster playing?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Last edited by impeachpedro10 at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by impeachpedro10
teh bumpz

teh thanks. this thread died for a while and people kept on making threads about Agile guitars.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
damn, yea i been lookin into these now too, since ive seen so much on here about em....and the prices, wow....im the kinda guy who thinks u always have to spend a lot to get a lot, but from what a lot of people here been sayin, thats not always the case.....ive been wantign a guitar with a floyd rose for a while now to try it out and mess around...prices on these makin it so i wont have to sell my guitar first to get one....easily affordable...QUESTION i have is....which one would ya all go for...6 string, with floyd... out of these 2...

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000floyd.html

or

http://www.rondomusic.com/ps970bk.html
Do any of you guys know if the Agile AH-1 pickups are any good?

Because I want the Reaper, but the red one costs 200 less than the black because it doesn't have EMGs.

Are they comparable to EMGs?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well yea, lookin for the floyd rose tho, i have an esp-ltd ec500 that has just tune-o-matic, why ive been thinkin of gettin one with floyd rose to mess around with...thanks for reply tho
Quote by impeachpedro10
i've been looking into the AL-2800 les paul

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2800csbf.html
i've just been kinda concerned about the pickups.
im not to educated on pickups and stuff, but the site says "New AL-Hot High Output Ceramic Pickups" and "Magnet: Ceramic, Coil 42awg (.063mm) "
I've never heard of em before...does anybody have any idea what they would sound like?

it says high output, so like uncovered DiMarzio humbuckers? or what?

EDIT:
while im here, i've been also checking out the ST-802 and 1000
im more or less looking at fast neck profile.

the ST has a 20mm-22.5mm (1st and 12th frets) while the AL has a 21.5-22
would that make much of a difference?
and does a lower neck profile make for faster playing?

For pickups they are just higher output then standard Agile pups. More gain ready. They more then likely won't sound like Dimarzio's if thats what your looking for and how discerning your ear is.

As for the neck profile the ST series necks are slightly thinner. Not significantly thinner but you would notice a difference with the neck on total since the fret board radius is also different from those on the AL series. Thinner profiles are associated with faster playing or shredding in some cases. Personally I believe as long as your comfortable and have been playing long enough and developed good technique you can shred on any neck. Its all about the player.

Quote by shinedown98
damn, yea i been lookin into these now too, since ive seen so much on here about em....and the prices, wow....im the kinda guy who thinks u always have to spend a lot to get a lot, but from what a lot of people here been sayin, thats not always the case.....ive been wantign a guitar with a floyd rose for a while now to try it out and mess around...prices on these makin it so i wont have to sell my guitar first to get one....easily affordable...QUESTION i have is....which one would ya all go for...6 string, with floyd... out of these 2...

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000floyd.html

or

http://www.rondomusic.com/ps970bk.html

Out of those two I'd go with the PS model. Some were reported to have thicker maple tops I believe but I'll look into that some more. More then likely the black model is just solid mahogany. Other then that the PS I'd image would be more comfortable reaching the higher frets then the AL model.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by Slaytanic6606
Do any of you guys know if the Agile AH-1 pickups are any good?

Because I want the Reaper, but the red one costs 200 less than the black because it doesn't have EMGs.

Are they comparable to EMGs?

I've heard people really enjoyed Agile's take on EMG's the AG series. I haven't tried them nor am I an EMG fan. But if you like the red model you could always buy it and save money searching for replacement EMG's elsewhere.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Nov 9, 2007,
I've heard a lot of people say Agiles are really nice for the price, and I finally looked up the specs and they sound very impressive for the price. I don't think it's likely that I'd find one in my area, so I have a few questions for anyone who knows them well:

1. What's the difference between the AL-2000, AL-2500, AL-3000, etc.? Hardware quality? Wood quality? Pickups?

2. Are the Ghosts, specifically this one as nice as the LP's? Why do they sell a natural Ghost for $200 and a white one for $300?

3.I play mainly hard rock and metal, but I need a nice clean tone too...would I be better off getting one of these and replacing the pups (probably with Duncan JB/Jazz) or buying something else? My budget is around $350-400.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Last edited by Missingno476 at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by Missingno476
I've heard a lot of people say Agiles are really nice for the price, and I finally looked up the specs and they sound very impressive for the price. I don't think it's likely that I'd find one in my area, so I have a few questions for anyone who knows them well:

1. What's the difference between the AL-2000, AL-2500, AL-3000, etc.? Hardware quality? Wood quality? Pickups?

2. Are the Ghosts, specifically this one as nice as the LP's? Why do they sell a natural Ghost for $200 and a white one for $300?

3.I play mainly hard rock and metal, but I need a nice clean tone too...would I be better off getting one of these and replacing the pups (probably with Duncan JB/Jazz) or buying something else? My budget is around $350-400.

1) Rondo has the differences between the AL series posted on their site here http://www.rondomusic.com/alspec.html. If you do go the Agile route I say get the most out of your money and get the AL-2800 series and up.

2) To the Ghost's I've never played one and I doubt I would get a chance to but people loved the originals. I haven't heard much on the newer models though. I'd guess the price difference would be for the finishing cost even though I think the extra $100 would be kind of steep.

3) As for the pickups some people love em and some people hate em. I'm personally in a love hate relationship with mine right now. It just depends on the day for me. If you get the guitar and like how it plays then by all means keep it and switch the pups if thats your only complaint. If you hate it then by all means go for something else. To help you with your pickup question checkout my recordings on my profile http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/OsirisProtocol/music/all/play108993. Everything there was recorded with my AL. Didn't take alot of time to dial in my tones but you get the general idea of the pickups.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

yea osirus i mean...id love to with the 2800 series or above, get most for my $, but...none of them come with the tremolo from what ive seen, and thats kinda my whole reason for gettin another guitar in the first place...is the AL2000 and the PS970, well i wont say worth the money, pretty inexpensive, but worth buying...or should i jsut save the money and get somethin later down the road...i mean im not a professional by any means, so long as it plays good, get it set up right, and dont run into a bazillion problems with the trem on em...then ill be happy, not really a super tone guy seein i dont really know exactly what tone i want yet, still learnin, haha.
Well its all up to what you want personally. The AL-200 has version with a FR. I've read from a user on AGF that the trem is partially blocked off with a metal plate. I figure its to help with a stability issue being that its a LFR and probably a cheap one at that. The plate can be removed though and the guitar setup to your liking I just don't know how well the trem itself will handle on that model. As for the PS-970 I've heard good and bad things about that guitar. The bad is mostly tuning issues but really if you take the time to set up the guitar properly and maintain it well you won't have any problems until your knife edges start wearing down. All in all I'd like to pick one up but I'm stuck in a rut with my next guitar purchase so I will be holding off for awhile on everything. Plus I'm probably going to end up selling my AL soon after I get rid of my Hondo to finance new gear.

Anyway both guitars are great in their own rights. You'd be happy with either as long as they are comfortable to you. Build quality is usually very good with Agiles. Worst case scenario is you get total crap or just something that doesn't suit you you can send it back for a refund. If you need help with looking at other guitars you can always make another topic here or pm me and I can help with your search.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

If I get this is there any recommended additions? This will be my first guitar and I've heard primarily of just the pickups, any suggestions?
Ummm. Well what exactly are you looking for in an accessory? If anything just pick up a case from Rondo also. You can buy a decent tuner elsewhere.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

The pickups on the 2000 are cheaper ceramics, so they might work for you depending on what you are doing. If its your first guitar you probably don't need to worry about changing the pickups. If you did want to change the pickups, you would want to have a goal in mind, like heavy distortion, crisp cleans, or smooth vintage tones, etc. Your amp would probably be more of a concern than pickup replacements.

The Alnico pups on higher end Agiles are very nice for stock though.
I have that guitar (Black AL-2000 w/Gold Hardware) and love it. Mine is stock and sounds and plays great.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I know most people like the Les Pauls, but how are the Agile Teles (i.e. the TC-630 and TC-730)? I mean, they look nice and all, but do they match in terms of quality? How would they compare to an actual Fender (which are nice btw)?

It would be awesome if the Agile Tele was good so I wouldn't have to shell out more moolah just for a name.

Thanks.
Has anyone here played a Reaper. If so, can you tell me if it's better than a Jackson RR3.
The Agile teles should stack up nicely against an MIM. I have an ST-1000 strat and I think it beats out an MIM Fender easily in terms of playability and tone. I can't comment on the pups on the TCs but I'm sure they are decent enough compared to the competition.

As far as the Reaper goes, I saw one guy here who mentioned that he had one, and I think he said it was awesome except for the LFR (the price still ain't half bad if you consider throwing in a higher end Floyd aftermarket). They have only been out a couple weeks so I don't think that many people have gotten em yet.