Page 5 of 45
I cant't decide between an AL3000 or a MIM strat... Probably be replacing the neck pickup on either of them to an L500. Opinions?
hey, ive had a strat for 2 years and now im gettingin to metal and want a les paul. i want the ebony look of the ebony epi LP-100 on an agile because ive been told that agiles are better quality. the only thing is, i can't tell from the pics on rondomusic if the black finish is the same as gibson's and epi's ebony, and whether the pickguard on the gibson/epi is white, white wit blak, or creme. does anyone know about this or whether or not an agile wit the correct pickguard will look like that gibson ebony style?

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000prestthincsbf.html

(Invalid img)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LP100-Electric-Guitar?sku=518661 (click on the black thumbnail)
Quote by Radagascar
I cant't decide between an AL3000 or a MIM strat... Probably be replacing the neck pickup on either of them to an L500. Opinions?

A Les Paul and a strat are two different beasts. What style of music are you planning on playing with it?

Quote by streetlight
hey, ive had a strat for 2 years and now im gettingin to metal and want a les paul. i want the ebony look of the ebony epi LP-100 on an agile because ive been told that agiles are better quality. the only thing is, i can't tell from the pics on rondomusic if the black finish is the same as gibson's and epi's ebony, and whether the pickguard on the gibson/epi is white, white wit blak, or creme. does anyone know about this or whether or not an agile wit the correct pickguard will look like that gibson ebony style?

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000prestthincsbf.html

(Invalid img)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LP100-Electric-Guitar?sku=518661 (click on the black thumbnail)

Well here is a pic of the guitars finish from an AGF user.
http://www.agileguitarforum.com/gallery_image.php?action=view&iid=100#pictop

The ebony models come with black pickguards but they can be replaced for a creme one. Just find one that fits the model properly. Either that or ask Kurt to ship you a creme guard and everything will be fine.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Rock, hard rock, metal, blues, and whatever else I feel like playing :P

Anything I want. Harder stuff probably. I'm thinking MK Patriot from Guitar Center on Black Friday. for $400.
Quote by Radagascar
Rock, hard rock, metal, blues, and whatever else I feel like playing :P

Anything I want. Harder stuff probably. I'm thinking MK Patriot from Guitar Center on Black Friday. for $400.

Ah well in that case an LP would do fine. A strat would to and you could swap out the pups and make it better but its still your call. As for the MK Patriot I've heard great things about those guitars and some of them are beautiful to me. If you can pick one up for a deal then grab it man.

Quote by streetlight
are there any black friday sales for agiles?

Not to my knowledge. You could contact Kurt and see if he would make one in time though.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by streetlight
are there any black friday sales for agiles?

I don't think its that likely. Agiles are only sold through Rondo online, and the only time you really see price cuts is randomly on certain models in certain colors that might not have too many sales.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Could anybody tell me if this is good?
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1254.html

I like RR shaped bodies, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on one yet.

I wouldn't really recommend it. I have little experience with the Douglas brand, so don't take my word for it. wait for someone else with more knowledge about the brand.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i know you said you dont want to spend a lot of money, but this is the agile version of that guitar, so theres a lot of buyer security in that. But that security is gonna cost you another $200.

if your not too worried about the quality, and kinda like the V as a novelty, the douglas will suit you fine.
but if your looking for something as a serious purchase, the agile version would suit.

and if you've got the money....http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html

thats my #1 dream metal guitar
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
i only read the first half of this thread but i didn't see anything about the Valkyrie III.
this guitar kicks major ass. i like the ceramic pups but im thinking of replace the bridge for a 500t. it plays great and is very resonant. mahogany covered by flamed maple cap + maple neck= remedial kickass!
Quote by impeachpedro10
i know you said you dont want to spend a lot of money, but this is the agile version of that guitar, so theres a lot of buyer security in that. But that security is gonna cost you another $200.

if your not too worried about the quality, and kinda like the V as a novelty, the douglas will suit you fine.
but if your looking for something as a serious purchase, the agile version would suit.

and if you've got the money....http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html

thats my #1 dream metal guitar

i think the reaper standard would work out, thanks!
glad to help, im actually looking into it myself
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I'm gonna buy this one soon:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1261.html

Frickin' beautiful. I'm liking the spalted maple AL-3100s also.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
I'm gonna buy this one soon:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1261.html

Frickin' beautiful. I'm liking the spalted maple AL-3100s also.

I can't blame you man. I was contemplating it but I am looking for something different with the necks now as I am starting to stray away from the chunkier neck on my AL. Maybe its the wider nut width that is getting to me...
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

so does the reaper standard has passive or active pickups?
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
I was pretty much set on an AL3000, but then I saw the Reaper Standard, and started to get curious...how good are the LFR's on those things? Will they wear out and get out of tune as easily as some other budget Floyds? I'll probably just end up getting an AL3000 anyway because I prefer the shorter scale length, but I'm still curious.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Last edited by Missingno476 at Nov 16, 2007,
Quote by Reyan
so does the reaper standard has passive or active pickups?

The Reaper Standard has a set of the generic high output passives that are used on Agiles.
All right, so I was browsing Rondo's site the other day and I came across the Valkrie Double Neck. I've never ordered a guitar online before, but I have wanted an affordable double neck for as long as I can remember. I also know that Agile has some die-hard followers, as well as critics who say it's just a crappy discount brand. Has anyone played this specific guitar before? (Or its white counterpart?)

I ask because I really, really want a double neck. And these two are only $499 and $529 respectively (and thanks to the high Canadian dollar and the fact that Agile ships to Canada for no additional cost), I'll actually be paying less than that before taxes. Is it worth spending over five hundred bucks on a guitar I've never played before from a company I know so little about?

Anyone who has played either of these two specific guitars who has anything to offer would help me out a ton. I know that double necks are heavy to begin with and that's not a huge problem for me, I just want to know how it sounds and feels. The guitar is quite clearly a knockoff of the Gibson EDS-1275, but it's a fraction of the price, and the white one is sexy as hell (at least in my opinion). Thoughts?
Hey,

I'm looking for a guitar for under $300. I've heard that Agile is better than epi, so I have a few questions.

1)What would be the Agile equivalent of an Epi Studio LP or Standard LP

2)Which do you think is better an AL2000 or a PS900?
If I go with AL200o I'll probably put a pair of Crunchy PAF's from guitarfetish.com in it

There is a Blem AL3100 that I'm eyeing up, so that is an option as well.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by kirschman13 at Nov 22, 2007,
Quote by ibanezluvr
Does the company that makes agile guitars the same as Schecter? I have a C-1 Exotic and it looks similar to a AG. The inlays, ebony fretboard binding and inlays all look the same, hell even the top of the body looks the same.

Does the company that makes Hyundais make Hondas? My neighbor has a Sonata and it looks similar to an Accord.

Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Does the company that makes Hyundais make Hondas? My neighbor has a Sonata and it looks similar to an Accord.

LOl I think I know what you are saying, but both of these cars are made in South Korea right? So, there is a chance the come outta the same place?

So then that would mean that Schecter,ESP and Agile share a factory in Korea?
There's only a few really big players in the Korean guitar manufacturing market. I've heard rumors of Agiles being made by Un-Sung, and Epis could've been made at any number of Korean manufacturers (Samick, Un-Sung I believe, and Saein). Judging by the copies made at Saein's Chinese plant, they are a Korean/Chinese OEM for Schecter, Ibanez, and Jackson. If your guitar is from Korea its probably out of either Samick, Saein, Un-Sung, or Cort. Two brands out of the same factory however can be quite different depending on how they are made.
Quote by kirschman13
Hey,

I'm looking for a guitar for under $300. I've heard that Agile is better than epi, so I have a few questions.

1)What would be the Agile equivalent of an Epi Studio LP or Standard LP

2)Which do you think is better an AL2000 or a PS900?
If I go with AL200o I'll probably put a pair of Crunchy PAF's from guitarfetish.com in it

There is a Blem AL3100 that I'm eyeing up, so that is an option as well.

What do you guys think?

for the 1st question, id go with AL-2000 for the same quality as a LP standard (someone please correct me if im wrong)

as for the second one, the PS900 has more frets, a double cutaway, and better humbuckers than the Al-2000, which is more classic LP
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by ibanezluvr
Hahaha I just noticed i meant to say guitars not cars, but I see what you mean.

There are some cars like that too
Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo, they look strikingly similar. Both companies were making the same vehicle under a deal I guess.

And yeah an AL-2000 would probably stack up and beat an Epi LP studio, while a 2500 and up will probably be better than most Epi's. There's no doubt that 3000/3100s will be superior to an Epi.
Quote by ibanezluvr
LOl I think I know what you are saying, but both of these cars are made in South Korea right? So, there is a chance the come outta the same place?

So then that would mean that Schecter,ESP and Agile share a factory in Korea?

Actually, Hondas are made in America, but that's another discussion entirely.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Thanks for the info. I have it narrowed down to a B - Stock AL 3100 and a Blue PS - 900. Do you think that one is definitely better than the other? I like the look of and the double cut of the PS - 900, but if the AL 3100 is much better, I'd go with it. The B - Stock is because the bottom strap thingy went up into the body. They are both the same price.
hey this thread got kinda lost.....
but i was wondering, im looking to buy a stratocaster, and i was wondering if a ST-802 would match up to Fender MIM Standard. I've heard the neck on ST-802 is really clunky, and im looking for something really smooth, but i am intruiged by the wilkinson tremolo.

links
Fender Standard
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

Agile ST-802
http://www.rondomusic.com/st802w.html
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
How's the action on the AL2000(high, low)? How easy is it to adjust it?
Quote by impeachpedro10
hey this thread got kinda lost.....
but i was wondering, im looking to buy a stratocaster, and i was wondering if a ST-802 would match up to Fender MIM Standard. I've heard the neck on ST-802 is really clunky, and im looking for something really smooth, but i am intruiged by the wilkinson tremolo.

links
Fender Standard
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

Agile ST-802
http://www.rondomusic.com/st802w.html

I have an ST-1000, and I don't think the neck is too chunky. Its actually quite thin, nothing like an LP neck for sure. The neck is a natural maple, and its pretty fast. I liked the overall feel of the 1000 over an MIM Standard I tried out awhile back.

And about the question on the AL-2000 action, it might come out of the box alright, but a bit of setup might help. The action is adjusted from the two height adjust screws on the bridge just like any other TOM style bridge.
doesnt the ST-1000 use humbuckers instead of single coils?
is there an ST-1000 with single coils availible?

EDIT: I found the ST-1000 w/ single coils, but it was a lefty.....does anyone know if they will make a normal ST 1000? or should i just get the 802?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Last edited by impeachpedro10 at Dec 10, 2007,
Quote by impeachpedro10
doesnt the ST-1000 use humbuckers instead of single coils?
is there an ST-1000 with single coils availible?

EDIT: I found the ST-1000 w/ single coils, but it was a lefty.....does anyone know if they will make a normal ST 1000? or should i just get the 802?

Just get the 802. for that price, you cant beat that feature list.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Never heard of Agile but it looks like they are Epi level copies of Gibsons.

I would rather just have the Fender or Gibson.

Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
the ceramic pickups on the black finish look awesome
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90