i saw the pinch harmonic lesson video here on UG and i think im playing just as the guy says but i dont seem to be able to sound a pinch harmonic.... can anyone help me on this. or maybe give me a link to some other video that shows how to play a pinch harmonic....
Turn up the gain and tone knob.

It's hard to describe how to do a pinch harmonic.

What I do is I hold the pick so that only the very tip is showing, and in a downward motion I pass it "through" the string, so that when the string bounces back up, it hits the side of my thumb, which sounds the harmonic.

YOu gotta find the right place, though. Just keep trying.
This is my question on pinch harmonics. I have an ibanez rg 570, basswood body, maple neck with bubinga, rosewood fingerboard and Edge trem. The guitar came with a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge. The pinch harmonics worked well with that but the low end  was a little too flubby for me. 
I replaced the tone zone with a  duncan distortion. The pickup has great high output and tone, but it's much more difficult to get a wide variety of squealing pinch harmonics and when I do pinch harmonics they don't  and they revert back to the natural string . The pinch harmonics die out and don't  sustain. 
Is it the pickup, the basswood body, or? If you think it's the pickup, what other pickups would you recommend for zakk Wylde screamin pinch harmonics? I use them a lot. 
Also, my technique is good. 
I also have an ibanez rgt42fm with stock inf2 pickup in the bridge position. It's a rather low gain pickup and doesn't sound nearly as good as the duncan distortion  but I can get screamin harmonics all day long. 
I have a problem with the rgt because the trem system isn't very good and doesn't stay in tune. That's why I switched to the rg550 with the edge trem system. 
Back to the problem with my rg550 and problem with pinch harmonics. Is it the pickup, guitar or ? 
Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. 
You need to buy a fog machine. It builds atmosphere. Atmosphere is critical for pinch harmonics
what you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by electricwizard_
i saw the pinch harmonic lesson video here on UG and i think im playing just as the guy says but i dont seem to be able to sound a pinch harmonic....     can anyone help me on this. or maybe give me a link to some other video that shows how to play a pinch harmonic....

Quote by dms38270
This is my question on pinch harmonics. I have an ibanez rg 570, basswood body, maple neck with bubinga, rosewood fingerboard and Edge trem. The guitar came with a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge. The pinch harmonics worked well with that but the low end  was a little too flubby for me. 
I replaced the tone zone with a  duncan distortion. The pickup has great high output and tone, but it's much more difficult to get a wide variety of squealing pinch harmonics and when I do pinch harmonics they don't  and they revert back to the natural string . The pinch harmonics die out and don't  sustain. 
Is it the pickup, the basswood body, or? If you think it's the pickup, what other pickups would you recommend for zakk Wylde screamin pinch harmonics? I use them a lot. 
Also, my technique is good. 
I also have an ibanez rgt42fm with stock inf2 pickup in the bridge position. It's a rather low gain pickup and doesn't sound nearly as good as the duncan distortion  but I can get screamin harmonics all day long. 
I have a problem with the rgt because the trem system isn't very good and doesn't stay in tune. That's why I switched to the rg550 with the edge trem system. 
Back to the problem with my rg550 and problem with pinch harmonics. Is it the pickup, guitar or ? 
Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. 

If you want serious answers ask here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If you wanna hang out with all the cool people, stay right here.
I play thru a Marshall JCM900 Half Stack. Don't think that'sthe problem. 

What about pickup selection? It's been told to me that the tone zone is better than the duncan distortion for pinch harmonics but I don't like the flubby low end on the tone zone. 

Any suggestions on pickups that produce great pinch harmonics and have a tight low end? 
Take UltimateGuizar'a advice and head to the correct forum.

And no i don't think it's the basswood body. Personally I don't believe in the 'tonewood' crap that people spew out, not when it comes to electric guitars anyway.
Quote by dms38270
I play thru a Marshall JCM900 Half Stack. Don't think that'sthe problem. 

What about pickup selection? It's been told to me that the tone zone is better than the duncan distortion for pinch harmonics but I don't like the flubby low end on the tone zone. 

Any suggestions on pickups that produce great pinch harmonics and have a tight low end? 

Pinch harmonics are all in the fingers. Zakk Wylde could make a Danelectro Longhorn squeal like a pig that's being raped like a guy being made to squeal like a pig that's getting raped by a hillbilly.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Pinch harmonics are all in the fingers. Zakk Wylde could make a Danelectro Longhorn squeal like a pig that's being raped like a guy being made to squeal like a pig that's getting raped by a hillbilly, if he had a good quality fog machine.
Throw out your guitar and take up the hurdy gurdy instead
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Pinch harmonics are all in the fingers. Zakk Wylde could make a Danelectro Longhorn squeal like a pig that's being raped like a guy being made to squeal like a pig that's getting raped by a hillbilly.

and yet he uses gear which I would say very much helps pinches to jump out

don't get me wrong, i agree completely that if you don't have good technique that you'll have difficulties... but if you do have good technique, appropriate gear can still help.

i think using a boost might be a good idea- something like a tubescreamer or boss sd1 (or clone). i can't think of any pickups offhand which are middy like the TZ but yet have a tighter low end- and a boost is a useful thing to have, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?