so i have a crate gtx-65 and whenever i use the "solo" distortion, i get this MASSIVE buzz whenever i turn up the volume on my guitar.

i have an esp ltd. f-100 fm, and there is NOTHING wrong so far as i want different pickups. i've also tried out the distortion on a fender squire stratocaster, and the buzz is even worse!!!

this is the second amp i've gotten from crate[the 2 year warranty let me have a new one] and i'm about to switch companies because i'm so angry...

anything i can do??

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
I'd suggest taking whatever gain setting you have at the moment and cutting it in half. You'd be suprised how little gain you need to get an awesome distorted sound.

Also work on getting a new amp, I have heard some bad things about Crate.
Quote by Slicendice
I'd suggest taking whatever gain setting you have at the moment and cutting it in half. You'd be suprised how little gain you need to get an awesome distorted sound.

well, i'm playing metal, so you'd be surprised how much gain is needed to make me happy.

Quote by Slicendice
Also work on getting a new amp, I have heard some bad things about Crate.

i know they aren't the best company, but their customer service is AMAZING!!

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
Quote by YourAshenMemory
and they are affordable i want a marshall but ill prolly end up gettin the crate half stack.....

Don't get affordable mixed up with cheap. You'd be better off saving up for a quality amp
instead of buying a $300 hunk of shit thats gonna sit in your closet gathering dust.