It's Marshall Valvestate VS30R. When I play it clean, it sounds perfect. When I go on overdrive there's a weird sort of humming/echo that I get when I play more than one string, or when I pluck one string then immedietly go to another, I get that weird sound.

I originally posted this in the guitar and bass basics thread and someone mentioned that I needed new valves. That all he said and the whole post kinda went off topic about which amp is better. So is he right?
Well it depends if you got it used, then yes, you should replace the tubes, but then again it might be the amp itself.
VS30R models don't actually have any valves in them, and it sounds like you're just getting feedback from the overdrive. Does it fade when you step away from the amp?
Love is not a victory march.
Ya it's used.

It sounds exactly the same when I'm right up close or far away form it.
Quote by Steel8909
Ya it's used.

It sounds exactly the same when I'm right up close or far away form it.

Right well I promise you it's not valves; I wasn't joking when I said that your amp doesn't have them. Do you have another guitar or amp that you could try, to see whether it's a problem with Marshall or whatever guitar you're currently using with it?
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by shakysam
Right well I promise you it's not valves; I wasn't joking when I said that your amp doesn't have them. Do you have another guitar or amp that you could try, to see whether it's a problem with Marshall or whatever guitar you're currently using with it?

Well I'll have to wait til tuesday for my guitar lessons