Im watching nancy grace , some CNN show right now. It's some what like NBC's to catch a predator thing. I understand these people are sick and its not normal to have sexual fantasies about children and such but when these FBI agents or organizations act as 13 year old boy or girl , isn't that wrong? I mean they are provoking them , they come off as being a horny and willing young kid , they push there buttons. Isn't that wrong?
Yes I was under the impression that that's called "entrapment" and is illegal. I'm not sure why they get away with it. I'm not a lawyer.

Edit - Ok it looks like the reason is because to claim "entrapment" as a defense you have to prove that you were otherwise unwilling to commit the crime and that the police forced you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

In jurisprudence, entrapment is a legal defense by which a defendant may argue that he or she should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because he/she was induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit those acts. For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime. Entrapment is an issue that must be considered in designing sting operations, as well as vice operations, particularly those involving kerb crawling, prostitution and (In the United Kingdom) soliciting.
Nancy Grace is a joke. Anderson Cooper ftw!
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Isn't it wrong to have, "sexual fantasies about children?"
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
No, because you're supposed to ignore them if they're underage. And it's not like the feds are seeking or asking for sex. They're just, ya know, making the peds feels more...uh...comfortable, until they get caught.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Meh, i guess its better than having a real kid being horny and stuff and actually getting hurt.
That's entrapment, if so. But no, if you've seen an episode of To Catch a Predator, you'll know that the decoys never bring up sex first, it's always the offender. (This helps to avoid the entrapment charge.) They go along with it, 'cos, in reality, those are the children/teens most likely to be victimized by online predators.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Yeah those poor paedophiles...

normally I'd think it was wrong provoking people to do crime then arrest them for it, but srlsly... those guys want to have sex with underaged kids.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If parents could check on their kids online activity everything would be fine. I just don't understand why its ok to pose as someone else and get someone to say they are going to do something , and completely set them up. That seems wrong , these people aren't even real kids. I mean they are adults , so how is it unlawful , I mean is it against the law to tell an adult ( who is posing as a child ) about sexual stuff?

I'm not saying what they are doing is right by any means its sick , but still the question remains...

EDIT: Now they are going on to say Myspace is a dream come true to predators hahah this is retarded.
Quote by Allnightmask22
That's entrapment, if so. But no, if you've seen an episode of To Catch a Predator, you'll know that the decoys never bring up sex first, it's always the offender. (This helps to avoid the entrapment charge.) They go along with it, 'cos, in reality, those are the children/teens most likely to be victimized by online predators.

Very good point.
Quote by dointime024
Yes it is. And I am not a pedophile/predator.

just throwing this out there, but im almost certain you spelled Rihanna wrong in your signature.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
I shall quote from South Park, the 'Cartman joins NAMBLA' episode:

NAMBLA LEADER:
Rights? Does anybody know their rights?
You see, I've learned something today.
Our forefathers came to this country
because... they believed in an idea. An
idea called "freedom." They wanted to
live in a place where a group couldn't
be prosecuted for their beliefs. Where
a person can live the way he chooses
to live. You see us as being perverted
because we're different from you. People
are afraid of us, because they don't
understand. And sometimes it's easier
to persecute than to understand.

KYLE:
Dude. You have sex with children.

NAMBLA LEADER:
We are human. Most of us didn't even
choose to be attracted to young boys.
We were born that way. We can't help
the way we are, and if you all can't
understand that, well, then, I guess
you'll just have to put us away.

KYLE:
Dude. You have sex with children.

STAN:
Yeah. You know, we believe in equality
for everybody, and tolerance, and all
that gay stuff, but dude, **** you.

KYLE:
Seriously.

In other words, I agree, it's not right to have sex with children. They deserve to be caught off-guard.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
If parents could check on their kids online activity everything would be fine. I just don't understand why its ok to pose as someone else and get someone to say they are going to do something , and completely set them up. That seems wrong , these people aren't even real kids. I mean they are adults , so how is it unlawful , I mean is it against the law to tell an adult ( who is posing as a child ) about sexual stuff?

I'm not saying what they are doing is right by any means its sick , but still the question remains...

EDIT: Now they are going on to say Myspace is a dream come true to predators hahah this is retarded.

It's illegal, yes. Think of it like this: A man shoots a woman in the head and leaves her for dead, for all he knows, she's dead. Assuming she survives and presses charges, he wouldn't be charged with murder since in fact nobody was murdered, he'd be charged with attempted murder, since he intentionally and deliberately tried to kill another human being. And on TCAP, that's what happens, they're not charged with sexual battery of a minor, or anything like that, it's ATTEMPTED sexual battery of a minor (or whatever the specific charge may be.) Since there was no minor actually involved, no minor was harmed, sexually or otherwise, however, the perpetrator believed the adult acting as a child to be a minor, therefore, he attempted to victimize a child, the plan just failed.

Now that the legality is out of the way, I feel I should weigh in: These people deserve no breaks. If you're lied to, deceived, set up, whatever, while trying to have sex with an underage child, then good. God knows how many criminals, or alleged criminals lie to the police, the police should be able to lie right back.
When crying don't help
*meh! waits for irrational hatred of peadophiles*

Yeah, it probably won't be entrampment if you manage to get one to chat you up...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by The Madcap
Speaking of "To Catch A Predator"...

is that the actress who plays hermione on the HP movies? if so, shes lookin HOT
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
is that the actress who plays hermione on the HP movies? if so, shes lookin HOT

Predator caught! The Madcap, the system works.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Predator caught! The Madcap, the system works.

lmao

hahahaha

....no. she's hot though.
Quote by Gunpowder
Quote by garett
Yes I was under the impression that that's called "entrapment" and is illegal. I'm not sure why they get away with it. I'm not a lawyer.

Edit - Ok it looks like the reason is because to claim "entrapment" as a defense you have to prove that you were otherwise unwilling to commit the crime and that the police forced you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

its not entrapment. they werent forced to do anything.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

I'm convinced it's bull****. ****ing hate that show.
It would be funny if it was two different police agencies trying to find predators at the same time, and end up talking ot eachother, and one brings up sex and they go to the house with camera's and stuff.
<runon sentence> Is it entrapment if you ask a guy if he's a copand he denies that he is and witnesses you doing illegal activity and it turns out he actually is a cop and he arrests you? </runon sentence>
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by misty_b
<runon sentence> Is it entrapment if you ask a guy if he's a copand he denies that he is and witnesses you doing illegal activity and it turns out he actually is a cop and he arrests you? </runon sentence>

Nope, it's entrapment if the cop leads you to do illegal activity against your will, though it can be argued that if the cop even just leads you on or plants the idea in your head, that it's entrapment. That's why they have to be so careful.
When crying don't help