Quote by Eminored
Sonic stomp just boosts all your notes. I don't know all the tech stuff about it, but it makes them stand out and sparkle a bit more. Good if you're lead guitar and you want to be heard over the others or if you just want that sweet sound all the time.

By "boost" do you mean it makes the notes louder, or brighter, or what...? I've heard people raving about this pedal, but could never really figure out what it does.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
By "boost" do you mean it makes the notes louder, or brighter, or what...? I've heard people raving about this pedal, but could never really figure out what it does.

You can make it louder, and I would say brighter. But it's hard to explain. I didn't really notice the difference myself when I tried one until I played with another person. They were going through chords and I was playing some solos-- some of my notes kinda got mushed in with theirs and it didn't sound all too special-- then I turned on the box my guitar sang above the other. Not louder or bigger, just more defined. More crisp. Like the difference between having new strings and old strings. Like wearing a bright red shirt when everyone else is wearing a red shirt.
I'm not going to get into what exactly it does as others have already said pretty much what it does, but I used to own the rack version. Once I got an EQ, i honestly couldn't tell the difference with the Maximizer on or off when I had the EQ working. Not really worth it (imo), I sold mine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It uses phase trickery to make your signals sound as they properly should. A little bit goes a long, way, but if you set it just right without overdoing it it can make a tremendous improvement in your sound. Sometimes it will do very little. It's alot more useful for vocals, keys, bass, overall mastering etc. Everyone in our band has the 882i in our racks, if we turn them off its like someone threw blankets over every speaker in the room. Depending on how much you use it, it can make your sound significantly louder.

Alot of people say it colors your sound and is crappy and digital sounding, but I've never run into either problem.
It also helps keep your tone when you're running through a butt load of pedals