ok so ive pretty much got it down to which guitars are good for me, i play mostly all metal. so thanks for any help!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Schecter-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=518491%2e002%2e898
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_schecter_c1_artist_limited_edition_electric_guitar?full_sku=518187%2e001
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_deluxe_players_stratocaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=511597%2e064%2e069
the reason for the fender is because Iron Maiden is huge influence to me, and plus i like sounds fenders give off. any recommendation for which one?
LOL
I didn't click the links.

But suffice to say that the decision shouldn't be made by a forum.
Make it yourself. Go into a GuitarCenter, or whatever music stores you have around, and play some of these guitars, and ask the musicians who work there what they think of the quality of each instrument.
Tell them what kind of sound you're going for, and ask them to help you figure out what kind of tone you need for that. It helps a lot of they have an amp in stock that is identical or very close to yours.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
of course iam a do that, iam just saying the quality of the guitars compared to the others. since iam no expert, their are people with alot of knowledge
LOL
I would suggest also looking into two variations on the Strat, as the other two guitars are humbucker equipped and the Strat is singlecoil.
Check out the Fat Strat and the Super Strat. The Fat Strat will have a bridge humbucker and two single coils, and the Super Strat will have two humbuckers and a sincle coil between 'em.
In general, Fenders are high quality instruments, especially the American ones.
Shecters I have no personal experience with, but they, as a company, wouldn't survive if they weren't any good.

Edit:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_hss_stratocaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=103576823
This is a Fat Strat, but it appears not to be american made.
Couldn't come up with a Super Strat in a quick search.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Last edited by truespin at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by truespin
I would suggest also looking into two variations on the Strat, as the other two guitars are humbucker equipped and the Strat is singlecoil.
Check out the Fat Strat and the Super Strat. The Fat Strat will have a bridge humbucker and two single coils, and the Super Strat will have two humbuckers and a sincle coil between 'em.
In general, Fenders are high quality instruments, especially the American ones.
Shecters I have no personal experience with, but they, as a company, wouldn't survive if they weren't any good.

some1 the other day said the MIM strat was better then the American one, the neck he said was faster and sounded better...
LOL
No to the Schecter C1 FR because of the licensed Floyd Rose. The C1 Artist looks sweet. Thumbs up. The Strat is definitely thumbs up for me but probably not for you. For the music you play you need humbuckers. My advice is to seriously consider the Schecter C1 Artist. You have to try them. Don't buy guitar based on internet opinions alone (except mine .)
Quote by uldhppi
No to the Schecter C1 FR because of the licensed Floyd Rose. The C1 Artist looks sweet. Thumbs up. The Strat is definitely thumbs up for me but probably not for you. For the music you play you need humbuckers. My advice is to seriously consider the Schecter C1 Artist. You have to try them. Don't buy guitar based on internet opinions alone (except mine .)

nah i like start's alot, since the HSS has a humbucker and singles it would be good for alot of types, i think
LOL
I was writing while others were posting. Definitely an HSS Strat. Best of both worlds.
Quote by uldhppi
I was writing while others were posting. Definitely an HSS Strat. Best of both worlds.

That's what I was saying.
A friend of mine has an HSS Strat (said Fat Strat on the docs), but its a Squier. I like it, but I prefer a more aggressive body like an SG.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by uldhppi

i have one weird question, i have a tune-o-matic bridge guitar
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_les_paul_special_ii_electric_guitar?full_sku=100161340
now i rest my palm mostly all on the part where strings touch the last metal piece. where the string balls go into, i rest my palm on those parts of the strings. Middle of the Bridge and that metal piece where the ball goes, so when i palm mute, i just bring my hand down more, now is it easy to rest ur hand on the Fenders? or do u have to rest with ur pinky off on the corner?
LOL
Fenders are uncomfortable to me for that exact reason.
Developing new technique is never a bad thing. Try them out.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
Fenders are uncomfortable to me for that exact reason.
Developing new technique is never a bad thing. Try them out.

alright cool, thanks for the help.i have a feeling iam a prolly get the artist C1 cause it has the Bridge to rest on, but i hope i dont go narrowed minded. thanks alot!
LOL
They don't charge you for playing guitars in the store, so try all of them. No reason not to.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H