at least you haven't gotten an unhappy face on yours....yet....pour water on it
Throw it up against a wall, and yell at it like an abused puppy.

Try putting it into diagnostic mode. When you see the Apple logo, press and hold your select button along with your rewind button. It should be the same for all iPod models. Run a HDD scan, it should take like 20 mins.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
That happened to me, it might mean the harddrive on it is shot :S .. do you have the warranty?
Buy a Zune
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
There is:

http://www.ipodlinux.org/Key_Combinations

Yes, I realize it's for ipodlinux EXCEPT it shows the different key combos for the different models.

Your iPod COULD be shutting itself off because of a low battery before it completley dies as it hurts the lilthium batteries when that happens. This is all from what I've read about them. Try pluggging it in and also your battery meter MIGHT be screwed up. Run a restore to factory settings through iTunes as long as your iPod will stay running plugged in.
Show that Ipod....

THE NIGHT OF IT'S LIFE!

"I want my name to be spaghetti"
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
This exact same thing happened to me. It wouldn't stop. The apple logo would show up, light up, then *click*, and it would restart.
Connect it to the computer and restart it by holding center and menu. Then when the apple logo shows up, put it into disk mode by pressing center and play. Then you're computer will recognise it and and you can restore it.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by acdc101
This exact same thing happened to me. It wouldn't stop. The apple logo would show up, light up, then *click*, and it would restart.
Connect it to the computer and restart it by holding center and menu. Then when the apple logo shows up, put it into disk mode by pressing center and play. Then you're computer will recognise it and and you can restore it.

He said basically what I was trying to say. Except he has first hand experience, so kudos.
Oh god, thank you so much, acdc101
You just saved me from an entire hour long car ride of nothing but boredom and silence.
You're my hero.
Quote by daltonator9690
Oh god, thank you so much, acdc101
You just saved me from an entire hour long car ride of nothing but boredom and silence.
You're my hero.

No problem.
I know first-hand the frustration a perpetually-restarting ipod can cause.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
rub icyhot on ur barrel roll

That isn't funny anymore.