I've long outgrown my 5-year-old Squier Strat, so I'm looking to purchase a new one. Every time I go in a shop, I'm overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices, and due to a little bit of sheepishness, never want to stay long enough to play that many of them. So I'd like to compile a list of ten or so to try out next time I go into guitar center or the local shop.

I'm looking in the $600-900 price range for metal. You know, like every single other person posting this exact same thread, lol. Suggestions?
Squier Strat
B-52 AT-212 100w tube
Boss Metal Zone

Amateur philosopher and physicist
Ibanez Prestige Series
Ibanez S Series
High End B.C Rich (new ones are quite nice)
Some ESP's if they have em
Jacksons
Deans
HSS Strats
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Schecter Classic
Rg1570
S470

That's 5
Definitely check out the Esp ec 1000. amazing for metal. both with the emgs and the duncans. they personally feel much better than les pauls, play faster, and are lighter.
Quote by Eric 666
Ibanez Prestige Series
Ibanez S Series
High End B.C Rich (new ones are quite nice)
Some ESP's if they have em
Jacksons
Deans
HSS Strats

I love this list actually. Try ESP and Deans especially !
if you try any jacksons stay away from the JS30 series, they'll make your brain bleed.
Can I get some specifics on which ESPs to try and which Jacksons to try? I really appreciate the specifics on the Schecters and Ibanezes though, I'll definately check those out.
Squier Strat
B-52 AT-212 100w tube
Boss Metal Zone

Amateur philosopher and physicist
If you're into it, try a Jackson Rhoads. They should have them in your price range... maybe even with EMGs.

I do not like ESPs, but they make a Viper I think that resembles an SG, and some godawful thing that looks like a Strat with lots of ugly angles on it. To each their own though. Try what you like. I played an ESP called a Truckster (I'm told it's a Hetfield signature model) and it was fairly boss. Looked good... like a gray primer Les Paul, and had EMGs. Only ESP I've liked.
HSS Strats (also called Fat Strats) are good to try too.
Hey, why not try an Epiphone G400? Or even the Iommi signature SG if they have one. Bad part about those is if you don't want to sound like Sabbath you're a bit out of luck.
Everyone has their own opinions. Go talk to the guitar guys at the place, and tell them what you've got, what you like, and ask him to play some of the guitars for you if you're too shy to play them yourself.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H