Lately i have been opening up with an acoustic set for my friends band at small gigs. But my problem is that i dont own one, so i always end up borrowing one from my friend, so i was wondering if there were any great 12 strings for around $400? I play alot of Alice in chains, blind melon, and John Butler trio type of stuff.

Ive had my eyes on:
Alvarez RD20S12
and
Alvarez AD60s-12

However i am open to suggestions, so please give me your input.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Of the two Alvarez models you're interested in, I would go with the AD60S-12. It's from their Artist series, higher quality than the Regent series(the RD20S-12). There's nothing wrong with the Regents, but you'll get more bang for your buck from the Artist. There's also the AJ60S-12, a jumbo body guitar, with maple back and sides, solid spruce top. Lotsa sound there!
Quote by tom183
I own this 12 string and definitely recommend it:

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/acoustic/cort/EARTH%20200-12.htm

Solid top and solid back and right around your price range (assuming you're talkin U.S dollars)

That sounds like a great deal for the price, bad news is though, i can never find an online cort dealer, good news is that there is that exact model on Ebay right now so i think i may go for it. Thanks

And thanks to LeftyDave, i will keep that info in mind.

Has anybody heard of the Yamaha FG720S? I didnt see this model until a minute ago, and seems to be in the same price ranges as the Alvarezs.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by tom183
Just wondering what you ended up getting??
I havent got anything yet. I lost the auction with the Cort, so now im going to wait a month or two when i go on vacation and try to find an Alvarez dealer to try out the Artist 12 string.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

^ I have that Alvarez 12-string, and while I like it, I prefer the jumbo version of it better...the AJ60. Its a little more, but its clearer than the dreadnought is.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
^ I have that Alvarez 12-string, and while I like it, I prefer the jumbo version of it better...the AJ60. Its a little more, but its clearer than the dreadnought is.

I will definitely take a look at that one. Any other suggestions?
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50