A major earthquake with a magnitude of 7.9 struck off the coast of central Peru on Wednesday evening, and series of aftershocks rocked the country in the hours that followed.

The death toll from the quake grew quickly overnight with at least 337 dead and more than 1,350 injured, Peru's Health Ministry reported.

Click Here to watch the video & know more.
Actually, the death toll is above 500.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
were gonna get one here in southern california soon, its going to put all earthquakes ever to shame.
I think it's disgusting how this is like the second last or last story on the news, if its reported at all. The same thing happened with all that flooding where thousands lost their homes in india, the news was too busy telling me about a bridge that fell over in america.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
If I wanted to read excessive ammounts of text I'd have read erotic literature, not wikipedia.
I heard this a couple minutes after it happened. Really sucks since it was near my Grandma's house. Luckily she didn't get hurt. My family over in Peru contacted us when it happened.
Lol, it's whatever goes. 24.5 million affected AIDs in africa.
Speaking of who's gonna rock who- Tokyo has an earthquake periodically (60 years?), it now has like 12.5million people and the next one is due...
Who reads sigs anyway
Quote by Dr_ZeAlMo
I think it's disgusting how this is like the second last or last story on the news, if its reported at all. The same thing happened with all that flooding where thousands lost their homes in india, the news was too busy telling me about a bridge that fell over in america.

My aunt drives on that bridge everyday and i've been on it a few times myself.
Quote by Dr_ZeAlMo

Then you're obviously watching the wrong news, because I keep seeing this as one of the headlining stories.

Oh, and, my original post was a mistake. CNN was reporting a number greater than 500 estimated dead, but in the official story, it seems to be 447, give or take a few (I don't remember the exact number).

I seriously think the human race is like fleas on a dogs back, and the world is just trying to scratch us all off, slowly but surely.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.