Hey guys, its time for a new amp. Fender 15watt solid states suck. Im not too sure what to go for though, i mainly play Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, AC DC type stuff, but i dont have stacks of money lying around suggestions? (what amps do the Iron Maiden boys use?)
Maiden boys use Marshalls. Expensive Marshalls. Actually, I think all of the bands you listed do. Vox make some very clever amps which you've probably heard of, called the Valvetronix series. They are aimed to create the types of sounds you listed.

And you should have posted this in the guitar gear and accessories section,.
Doh, yeah havent been in touch with the forums lately, but hey its all for metal :P and btw, Megadeth use Line 6 and Metallica use Mesa Boogie Dual Recto's
Megadeth (Mustaine) use a custom Line 6 which will probably never be mass produced. And Mesas require stacks of money. What is your budget exactly?
Quote by Sn^ke
Laney is great value for money. Incredible sound, not too pricey.

Not too gainy either, though I could be wrong...
Quote by webbtje
Not too gainy either, though I could be wrong...

I beg to differ, but if you want to play underground black metal through a fisher price mic then you can always pair it with a pedal or something.

As for finding one in Aus I mentioned Laney specifically because i've seen them quite frequently compared to other Amps. But knowing this sandhole it's hard to consistently find anything. Be patient, call stores, check eBay.
Quote by Sn^ke
I beg to differ, but if you want to play underground black metal through a fisher price mic then you can always pair it with a pedal or something.

As for finding one in Aus I mentioned Laney specifically because i've seen them quite frequently compared to other Amps. But knowing this sandhole it's hard to consistently find anything. Be patient, call stores, check eBay.

Fair dos. Can't help for Australia, either.