atm i have a microcube, which is nice, but obviously it was never gonna set the world alight, so im looking for a tube atm

the stuff i play is more cleans than not, kinda indie rock and also some blues. So an amp that can sound like the lemonheads to buddy guy and eric clapton is needed.

a cool overdriven sound is importaint too though, but the cleans first and foremost.

budget of around £500

so far ive been looking at this amp

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/14539

it looks really nice, what do people think of that? and what else is good for the sound i want?

thanks
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by gishuk at Aug 17, 2007,
i have a roland microcube myself, and i'm looking for a tube amp too!

so far i've been looking at Peavey ValveKing's you can possibly try, still havn't tried it out yet so i dono how it sounds
I know it's not always possible, but go out to music shops and PLAY these amps, play other amps, and then play some more amps. Don't worry about expense to start with, and then once you have nailed the tone you are looking for you can go about working your way down to something affordable. It's a lot easier if you can tell people "I want an amp that sounds like a Deluxe Reverb, but slightly cheaper". And plus you know what the amp is going to sound like.

Having said that, the hot rod deluxe does get good reviews, and would be suited for what you want. Definitely go tube. Maybe I'm biased, but I've played a friends Cube 60, and then my homebrew Fenderish valve amp, and the Cube 60 jut sounds anemic.

Anyway, good luck finding a suitable amp.
Check out the Laney VC30- it has really good sparkly-vox cleans, and some nice creamy OD. Will do great for indie & some other light rock/blues stuff .
those do look nice , and are quite a bit cheaper too
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Laney VC30 or Fender Blues Junior.

Laney are better value than Fender here in the UK. Try one out first though.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
Laney VC30 or Fender Blues Junior.

Laney are better value than Fender here in the UK. Try one out first though.

+ 1 on the Laney, and the value.

In the States, the Laney VC30 costs about $250 more than the Fender Hot Rod. It's a great value for you in Europe. Definitely worth examining.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.