I just chipped my brand new epiphone les paul black beauty...:(...i feel like ****

Page 1 of 2
**** SAKE, brand new guitar and i jus ****in chipped it...it happens 2 all of us, the first chip is always the worst !!! i need sympathy.
Pics?
All Aboard The Phail Boat

Quote by fatwanker
I find you calling me a fat wanker offensive

Quote by gallagher2006
I thought this was gonna be a "I didn't mean to get my sister pregnant! Is she just overreacting after I raped her?" thread
i was shredding on it rlly fast and the strap slipped and i lost control of it, then it fell to the ground.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Don't worry, bit of wear and tear gives it character!

+1
sup?
gutted....

EDIT: colour it in with black perminant marker
you wont be able to notice it then....... from a distance...

then end of one of the spikes on my RR3 has broke off tons of times... i jus glue it back on and you cant tell that much.
Last edited by sam b at Aug 17, 2007,
Quote by ldl67
+1

+2
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Don't worry, bit of wear and tear gives it character!

No not a black beauty!

They have to stay perfect

I feel for you man, I did the same thing to my Epiphone goth Les Paul.. well it was like 3 months old when it happened to me, but still..... sucks
Quote by fornillia
lol shredding on a les paul lollol

eerrmm...wats wrong with that, it can be done.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by Climate
No not a black beauty!

They have to stay perfect

I feel for you man, I did the same thing to my Epiphone goth Les Paul.. well it was like 3 months old when it happened to me, but still..... sucks

I know. But always look on the bright side. Though I do love Epiphones and that model is indeed a beauty, atleast it wasn't a Gibson.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
haha, i try to get my Schecter busted up cause i love the worn look, but i could see why you would want that guitar to stay in perfect shape. But i have a tip......ready for it?.....Strap Locks
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by fornillia

Not everyone that plays metal wants a spikey Ibanez/Jackson
Yeah strap locks are pretty useful..
------------------
If you can find the appropriate colour (black shouldn't be very hard). Nail Varnish is really good at taking care of chips etc
I have awesome hair
It is beginning to develope it's own personality. Let it grow man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
awwww i feel for ya, i chipped my new fender strat after a week of having it and its a real downer, but strap locks are a good idea or a better strap depending on what you have
Ahh, you won't care in a few months...I just got my Martin D-16GT..and I grow less cautious everyday. gotta maintain common sense though.
Have you got a one year guarentee on it? If so make it a bit worse and get a new one
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Man, that sucks. Same thing happened to a friend with an RR5, but lucky he has an uncle thats a carpenter or something, and knows some guy that paints cars so they fixed it up and you cant tell it ever happened.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
I chipped/dented My Tanglewood TSE 605 (sg copy) this morning, i was about to put it dow and as i turned round it clattered into a music stand. but im hoping that it wont look to obvious, and as sad, it does give it a little character...i suppose.

I only got it on wednesday!!!
I remember the first chip(s) out of my Tele. It was sitting half in/half out of the case and my brother closed the case on it
They don;t give it character unless they have a good story behind them.
Note:"this dent is from the time I dropped it when my phone rang" and "this scratch is fom where I hit it when walking through the door" do not count as good stories.
By the way, the permanent marker thing is a good idea.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Grohl Voice: Its times like these Im glad I have a straploooock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Zeppfreak170
If you can find the appropriate colour (black shouldn't be very hard). Nail Varnish is really good at taking care of chips etc

Put it on ebay saying it's some famous persons with their signature chip... and then with the gabillions you make, buy another and some foam flooring and strap locks.
Throw it around some more to really mess it up. Then it'll look good.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Be more carefull damnit. I have had my Fender for almost a year, and it still hasn't even received just a scratch.

And yes, use your strap locks.
The first day I got my Epi. les paul I grated it on my concrete stairs outside and there's this huge chip in the back of it, below the input jack.

Granted that was two years ago, and now my LP is so completely scratched and beat up. I love it.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Ah it isn't so bad. Now you've done it once you'll be less paranoid about it. Besides it could be worse, my friend threw a chair once and it hit his guitar and it was a semi-acoustic so it didn't just dent it, it put a hole in it.
This is exactly why I order all of my guitars pre-chipped.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i got my new ibanez 2 days ago and i put it on with the strap and thr back part of the strap come off and it missed my glass table by inches,but theres no damage,but i feel for ya
You can cover it up with glossy black paint or something.
But hell, my guitar is full of chips and dents and scratches, don't mine it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
strap locks...for safety messure's...i have em and it NEVER happened to me in the 3 years that i've been playing....didnt have em on my ibanez though, it ALMOST fell but i knew to hold agrip on it
Quote by sadistic_monkey

I suggest you construct a space station the size of a moon, and destroy their home planet.

Quote by Wratheh
Grab a lighter and light it by your ass while farting. That's how you flame someone.
Quote by fornillia

you cant say this until you meet my english teacher. He does it often.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by g1asseye
you cant say this until you meet my english teacher. He does it often.

A SHREDDING ENGLISH TEACHER, YOU SAY???!!!
No. That just does not happen. At all. Ever. Not in my universe. No no.
My bass is so busted up I've even wrapped bandages and put plasters on it.
Page 1 of 2