ok, you all probably saw me pumbeling these forums with questions, so here is the last thread that will probably determin my new amp.

my choices:

Rivera Pubster 25

Fender Blues Junior

Peavey Classic 30 Combo

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

feel free to recomend any others, but only is you have played them please.

my styles are RHCP style of cleans, thats the most important.i also play hendrix and zeppelin, and deep purple.
i am wiling to go used.
the amp will be for home practice, for band practice with a drummer and bassist, and for small gigs infrot of like 30 people or less.

thanks alot!i hope this works!

EDIT: also, when replying with an answer, please colaborate, like say why this amp or why not the other please.thanks!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Aug 17, 2007,
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe... I would buy if I were you... pretty good cleans...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
You can afford a Rivera, and you are STILL wondering?

Pubster, definetly. Pubster all the goddamned way.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
the hot-rod is very loud, our school has one and it keeps up with the drummer on master volume 1 and channel volume at 1 1/2. So i don't recommend that unless you can play it louder at home. that said, it sounds great and has brilliant cleans and nice classic overdrive.

Cant give any advise on the other amps though.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I tried the Classic 30 last week and was very impressed with it. Nice cleans, and a great classic rock sound for Zeppelin and such, and that was at a relatively low volume. Once you get the power amp valves working it should sound great.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
If you can get the Rivera go for it for sure. But if you wanna save some dollar go for the Peavey C30. It goes upto Led Zep gain and has rather sparkly Fender-esque cleans....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I vote for you to add a Traynor YCV40 to the list. It's in your budget, and has great cleans, perfect for RHCP, and a way better drive channels than the Hotrod, not to mention separate EQ's for each channel.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Traynors arent available in israel, what would be the best after that in your opinion?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by binjajer
You can afford a Rivera, and you are STILL wondering?

Pubster, definetly. Pubster all the goddamned way.

+ a sh!tload

Easily blows away every other amp on the list.

What happened to the cheap Peavey you were asking about before?

Next up would probably be the Hot Rod if cleans are your priority.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Definitley get the Rivera it will do the cleans your wanting and nice gain as well.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by slatsmania
+ a sh!tload

Easily blows away every other amp on the list.

What happened to the cheap Peavey you were asking about before?

Next up would probably be the Hot Rod if cleans are your priority.

i realized the peavey was a peice of ****, duo to some reviews.

and do you think the rivera will have a better clean than the hot rod?thats my main thing, cleans.i just checked out the rivera site and the samples of this thing sounds awsome in overdrive.they didnt have a clean sample tough, so if someone can tell me a little about the rivera's cleans that would be awsome

thanks slatsmania!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Honestly, the Hot Rod will probably have better cleans, and with 15 more watts, it'll have more clean headroom, too. In the same class of amp, I prefer the Blues Deluxe or the Peavey Delta Blues, though.

But the Rivera will have very nice cleans in it's own right. The Rivera concept is Fender cleans on one channel, Mesa OD on the other. It's an ass-kicking amp.

I would go with the Rivera, but as always, it's best if you can try 'em yourself.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Rivera Pubsters really are ****ing amazing. Any Rivera is ****ing amazing! The Pubster has great crystal clear cleans and nice crunchy overdrive. Check out the Rivera site, they have sound samples. Definitely Pubster though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM