Page 2 of 15
^
I've had banned people posting comments in my profile before.

Also, I would like it if we could embed videos inside of Blogs. I don't know if that's possible right now or not and is just bugged or something, but I'm doing these "UG Video of the Day!" things with blogs in my profile, and would like to be able to just embed vids straight into the Blogs, rather than posting links.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
some one might have stolen this idea from my thread but oh well
How about we put something like a guitar 'whishlist' where you put all the gear you want to have buy dont have?
I think you could just do Blogs for stuff like that, or put it in your "about me" section (I don't remember exactly what it's called...). Cool idea, but also, how many people do you think would honestly read something like that?
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)

The fact that you can now have up to 500 Private Messages on the Profile page is great.

BUT...

Through the old system, you could enable a pop-up to appear whenever you got a new Private Message. This was great, since just logging on, or moving from one page to the next, you could be notified of a message.

Would it be possible to link the in-boxes to send pop-ups the same way as the old system? That would be ACE.

Thanks,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I think you could just do Blogs for stuff like that, or put it in your "about me" section (I don't remember exactly what it's called...). Cool idea, but also, how many people do you think would honestly read something like that?

People who are looking to sell something
Hey guys,

don't know if it's been posted before, but.. I was browsing the profiles today, and i managed to get an idea on how to make the whole browsing more ergonomical...

Basically, i found that it would be really cool if the MP3 player was separate from the whole site, and acting as a whole and playing the files you click on...

The problem with it right now is that if i play a song, i need to stick to that same page while listening to the song posted by a member. If i click on any other link whilst the song is playing, the song will cut out and it will take me away to the link destination.

My idea, was of having the mp3 player as a 'hovering' window that will still stay on the screen and keep playing the song wether or not you click on some other link on UG....

i hope you understood...might sound confusing....

and while you're already at it, you might aswell make a system that 'bulks up' the songs...so imagine that you're scanning through the website, and then you can just click on songs you wanna hear, and then they will just gather up all the songs into a playlist whilst you're on the site...and then you can just scan through the playlisted songs by pressing the 'next' or the 'previous' buttons on the hovering mp3 player...and also then be able to save the playlists somehow, so when you have a set of favourite songs, you can just add them to the player without needing to find them individually though the profiles every time you visit the site.

sounds good to me....what do you think?

All the best, greets and good luck!

~ Tan
^ a standalone player, is the term you're looking for.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i dont know if this is where i write, but i have a question, since the new site update, i was wondering how i get to my list of favorites, i cant seem to find them, i did it so i wouldnt have to search all the time....
When sending a message (and maybe some other text entry activities) to someone, you cannot paste links into the text box.

And I'd like to be able to paste stuff into text boxes.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Last edited by thefoldarsoldar at Aug 26, 2007,
I would greatly appreciate a section of my profile that lists all the comments I've made, so that I can see if they've been replied to and whatnot.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
On the new Favourites area in profiles there's no way (that I've found) to delete favourited tabs. I know that you can go to the actual tab's page, click add and it takes you to the old favourites page where there's a yellow x to delete favourited tabs, but that's not very user-friendly. I think there should be a delete button like there is for the other My Favourites sections.

Quote by duncang
Is there still a way to see what an online user is viewing? If so, where?

Click Currently Active Users on the main forum page.
Also, it'd be great to put a "Quote" button underneath the comments, so you wouldn't have to type the code out.

By the way, if anyone wants to know how its
text

And that includes the apostrophes.
Sent from my iPad.
I would also like to be able to edit/delete comments.
Quote by Roc8995
the new 'favorite tab' format is not as good as the orginal. it is less organized and there is no delete botton. so you cannot delete old songs and add new favorites.
Quote by paintITblack39
Also, it'd be great to put a "Quote" button underneath the comments, so you wouldn't have to type the code out.

By the way, if anyone wants to know how its

And that includes the apostrophes.
Thanks!

I tried to do that before, but I didn't know to add the apostrophes around the name. Or the space and the u

Quote by thefoldarsoldar
I would also like to be able to edit/delete comments.
I rather like it the way it is. It would be nice to have a short window of time, so you could correct spelling errors. But not being able to change it later makes it so you have to think about what you say, or your stupidity will be immortalized.

You can delete comments on your own page, as it should be. ("Pfft! I don't have to take that kind of crap on my own turf.") Be careful. There is no "are you sure" feature. When you open the delete page, any comment you click on will be immediately deleted.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 28, 2007,
How about a way to search for groups??? unless there is one and I'm unaware.
Promises meant a lot back then.
How about a delete group function...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
My friends are warped!

Actually they're distorted. The "upgrade" in the display of friends is nice, in that it makes all the thumbnails a uniform size. That way, they all line up nicely. The addition of a star for the UG staff is a nice touch too. But the way it squats the tall pictures and squeezes the wide ones is a bit disconcerting. Do we need to only upload square pictures to keep this from happening, or could the program be modified to clip off the excess height or width? or perhaps use the largest dimensions to determine the reduction ratio and leave black bands on the outside of the short dimensions?

It's really kinda ugly the way it makes some of the pics look. We need to know if this is going to change, or if we need to make the changes to the pictures we upload.

Thanks,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Actually they're distorted. The "upgrade" in the display of friends is nice, in that it makes all the thumbnails a uniform size. That way, they all line up nicely. The addition of a star for the UG staff is a nice touch too. But the way it squats the tall pictures and squeezes the wide ones is a bit disconcerting. Do we need to only upload square pictures to keep this from happening, or could the program be modified to clip off the excess height or width?

For me it is cutting off the extra height or width, not distorting the pictures.

I really like the way the new Friends display looks.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
For me it is cutting off the extra height or width, not distorting the pictures.

I really like the way the new Friends display looks.
I went back and looked at it again. For the pics that are slightly rectangular, it does that. For the ones with a high aspect ratio, they squat or squeeze. I guess my friends just don't fit into square holes.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

The fact that you can now have up to 500 Private Messages on the Profile page is great.

BUT...

Through the old system, you could enable a pop-up to appear whenever you got a new Private Message. This was great, since just logging on, or moving from one page to the next, you could be notified of a message.

Would it be possible to link the in-boxes to send pop-ups the same way as the old system? That would be ACE.

Thanks,
SYK

agreed wholeheartedly, i actually came in here to suggest that too. I check the forums all the time, but sometimes forget about the profiles, it'd be nice if "new pm" came up upon checking the forums too.

if it's not too much bother, of course. I'm not too well up on computers.

EDIT: in fact, if "new friend request" etc. came up too, that'd be even better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Where it says you (x) amount of rates would it be possible to see who rated it like you can on the tabs?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
a group search function? i hate when there's three different groups of the same concept.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Dmitry, if you're listening ...

1 - Thank you for adding the Report! lines to the Profile functions especially to the pictures. There have been very few people abusing the profiles, but I had seen a few that were WAY over the line. I don't have to bother the Mods about stuff like this any more.

2 - Thank you for putting this whole thing together. At first I though it would just be BS like myspace, but I love it now!

3 - Thank you for all your work straightening out the bugs. A project like this is never without complications. Some people got a little whiny about the problems that cropped up during bug fixes. I don't think they appreciate how big the code must be and the level of interaction from one subroutine to another. I was impressed at how quickly you eliminated some of the problems that occurred.

4 - Thank you for popping onto my page, just to say hi. I don't know if you are doing that to random people, or if you picked my page for some special reason. Either way, it made me giggle that someone as important as you, took the time to say hi to someone you don't know.

5 - We know bug fixes are the most important issue for now. These requests are for whenever you have time. One of those "it would be nice if ..." sort of things.

• Getting the time on the Profile Pages, like it is on the Forums.

• Ability to delete favorite tabs on our favorite pages.

• Add a "quote" button to the comments window.

• Pop-up window for notification of Private Messages on the new system, while browsing the Forums.

• Button to subscribe to ALL of your friends' Blogs at one time.

• Bulletins function added. Within groups, you could create a bulletin and send it out to all members of the group. On your Profile Page you could send it to all your friends. Blogs on the Profile Page make bulletins there less important, but for Groups, bulletins would be ACE. -OR- Create a blog function for Groups, and allow group members to subscribe to the group blog?

• Ability to see who else is viewing the group, while you're in there.

• Edit or Delete comment that you make on someone else's page.

I think I've brought all the issues forward to this point in the thread.

Again. Dmitry ... thank you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Maybe a place where we can post our lyrics perhaps?

Both for a band as well as an individual user.
is it possible.. to receive like an e-mail when you have new: friend invites, group invites, pm's,... ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
is it possible.. to receive like an e-mail when you have new: friend invites, group invites, pm's,... ?
Noxi, some of that is already in place. I don't see anything about group invites, but the rest is there ... and more.

If you click on "MY PROFILE", Then on "Account Settings" You can select e-mail notifications for the following:

Email notifications :

New comment for your tab :
New rating for your tab :
New friend request :
New comment in your profile :
New comment in your blog :
New comment in your pics :
New comment in your mp3s :
New updates in your subscriptions :
New private messages :
Contribution accepted or rejected :
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Can we have something on the MP3 thing that asks for something like "Your Influences When Writing This Track" or something. Just to let people know a little more about each track.

I think this would be useful for people who have a good few songs on their page =]
Quote by Nirvana-Man
Hey, i was wondering if it was possible to make your song play automatically when someone is looking at your profile. Many good music is overlooked because people are to lazy to click the "play" button!

I assume most people on this site are, like me, usually listening to music whilst browsing, and a feature like that would annoy the crap out of them
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I assume most people on this site are, like me, usually listening to music whilst browsing, and a feature like that would annoy the crap out of them

It would annoy the crap out of me, for sure.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^Some people already have it on their profiles, using embedded 3rd party players. I remember going to HOly Katana's page (I think it was) and Scarified started playing.
Quote by Roc8995
Uhh, Frenchy...

I already asked you this in chat but I can't remember what you said. Is it legal to have videos on our profiles of live performances by other groups. I currently have Dust N' Bones by GN'R embedded and I want to know if it violates any sort of copyright issue.

Thanks
Ben

P.S. Nice avatar
Ben
there should be comment alerts or notifications that way you can communicate with each of your friends through comments instead of constant messaging.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by muffinman123192
Uhh, Frenchy...

I already asked you this in chat but I can't remember what you said. Is it legal to have videos on our profiles of live performances by other groups. I currently have Dust N' Bones by GN'R embedded and I want to know if it violates any sort of copyright issue.

Thanks
Ben

P.S. Nice avatar

AFAIK, it's all right.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I just wanted to know what you mods think about a Hip Hop/Rap subforum. I know it's been brought up before I'd just like to know; what's your take on this? I actually tried to look in FAQs and stuff but didn't see anything. Thanks.