Page 3 of 15
I bet someone has already said this but...

Maybe a tab preview? To know if i'm going to submit something that doesn't format well....
I just clicked on a user to see if they have a profile and it came up with the following message:

'Profile with such username doesn't exist or user didn't activate his profile yet.'

For the females out there I think just maybe it should say 'Their profile' so that it's not just reffering to the Male users on the site.
I've noticed for a while that the old PM system is completely seperate from the new system. I think they should be merged, or delete the old one. Keep the PM notifactions in the top bar though, I liked that.
if you're going to delete the old pm system, give us some warning first. I have some stuff saved there that i need (some info for guitar setup threads etc.), i think. Thanks.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
If we're going to have favorite bassists, I'd like to see favorite drummers too.
I'm a communist. Really.
How about a "Rate My Tone" thing? I wouldn't have suggested it but seen as we already have that rate my skills thing.

It would be cool, and all the gear forums would like it.
Would it be possible to search for blogs? For people like me who are idiots and comment on a blog but forget the username...
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I don't know how possible this is, but maybe a download this track feature on the players?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Uhm.. Just wondering...

But would it be possible to put a invisible mode option on the profiles, a bit like on the forums?

'Cause it's rather pointless if you want to lurk, and it says that you're online on your profile.

Cheers if anything happens about this.
you mean when you want to check out the female members' pics, you don't want anyone to know that's what you're doing?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
ok.

seconded.
Is it possible to have an edit button for your own comments on other people's pages?
Founder of Jaco society

Quote by Dobzilla
Uhm.. Just wondering...

But would it be possible to put a invisible mode option on the profiles, a bit like on the forums?

'Cause it's rather pointless if you want to lurk, and it says that you're online on your profile.

Cheers if anything happens about this.

I feel this man. I hate showing up online. I'm currently working on an html that removes it from my profile =P but seeing as it's text, it's pretty hard. I'll hook you up when im done?

Quote by sinan90
Is it possible to have an edit button for your own comments on other people's pages?

no, whatever you post should rightfully stay. Their profile isn't a forum, it's their profile =P so if you accidently say "I love you =]" and you want to change it... you're screwed lmao.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
no, whatever you post should rightfully stay. Their profile isn't a
forum, it's their profile =P so if you accidently say "I love you =]" and you want to change it... you're screwed lmao.

But then if you forget to mention stuff, you end up writing 3 messages in a row or something.
Founder of Jaco society

So? =P you can't get banned for spamming. well, you could be blocked from their profile lol.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
I feel this man. I hate showing up online. I'm currently working on an html that removes it from my profile =P but seeing as it's text, it's pretty hard. I'll hook you up when im done?

I'd appreciate it if you could.
AutoScroll Idea, hey, i think the autoscroll is awesome, but i think, wen im trying to play and get into it, it gets a bit difficult to judge what speed you should have pressed for it to scroll, it can get annoying to keep doing it song after song. So would it be possible to have a "recommended" scroll speed and a button for it to scroll at that speed. Or just do it as you wish. I think it would make it alot better!
Didn't read through all this, but...

I think it would be a good idea to have the ability for someone who is posting a tab to be able to also post a video of themselves playing it just like the tab. This would help newbies like me to get the idea of finger placement that you can't get from just reading tabs. I try to find videos on youtube of people playing the songs I want to learn so I can see their finger placement, but all too often the tab and the video don't sync up.
Erm...

I just found a profile that had a copywrited song on it, so I clicked report, and it says "report copyrighted mp3s"

You spelt it wrong!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Erm...

I just found a profile that had a copywrited song on it, so I clicked report, and it says "report copyrighted mp3s"

You spelt it wrong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copywriting

maybe I'm missing the point though.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Seth Shadows
Spelt?!?!?!

^British spelling
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^^ Yes, spelled is not a real word, sorry to break it to you.

If copyright is the right way of spelling it then do you say copyritten? I wouldn't have thought you did?

Anyway the song in question was released in promotion of their album so technically serves as an advert so technically I'm still right
Copyright, as in you hold the rights to copies of it.

Copyrighted is correct. Copywrote, Copywrited (Seriously Suzie? If anything, it'd be copywritten or copywrote) and copywritten are not.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Hey SlyBlackDragon, no disrespect. But if you're gonna convince Suzie, you need to really nail down the argument.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^^ Yes, spelled is not a real word, sorry to break it to you.
From askoxford.com, an online dictionary resource of Oxford University:

spell1

• verb (past and past part. spelled or chiefly Brit. spelt) 1 write or name the letters that form (a word) in correct sequence. 2 (of letters) make up or form (a word). 3 be a sign of; lead to: the plans would spell disaster. 4 (spell out) explain clearly and in detail.

You might go so far as to say spelt is the "proper" way to spell it, in your little anglo-centric view of things. But if Oxford University will accept spelled as a word, perhaps darling, you should aswell as well.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/spell_1?view=uk

Back on topic (sort of): I believe we have gotten a bit off track with the spelling lessons. It would appear most of the suggestions have already submitted. I wonder if we might soon see an assessment of which suggestions will be included in v2.0 ?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 13, 2007,
i think this may be a very good suggestion (hopefully) if its in anyway possible could you try and encorporate a msn messenger type service in each forum so all the registered users can talk to each other so they dont have to type a message n keep refreshing the page when theyre waiting for a reply etc? or if they host a new thread aswell it can get its own little messenger boards for each subject n what not? dont hammer me for this if you dont like it but it may be benificial for quite a few of us thankyou
Got wood?
Quote by rhythmkillingMo
i think this may be a very good suggestion (hopefully) if its in anyway possible could you try and encorporate a msn messenger type service in each forum so all the registered users can talk to each other so they dont have to type a message n keep refreshing the page when theyre waiting for a reply etc? or if they host a new thread aswell it can get its own little messenger boards for each subject n what not? dont hammer me for this if you dont like it but it may be benificial for quite a few of us thankyou

WAY too much work and most likely bandwidth. If you want to talk to someone about something message them for their IM details (if it isn't already on their profile).

Also wrong thread, this is for UG profiles, not for the site in general
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
What about adding Tabs to a Favorite section?
I hate searching the site for all of my tabs every time I want to play, I'd rather have one little collected list.

It'd make my life so much easier.
Quote by Mascarastory
What about adding Tabs to a Favorite section?
I hate searching the site for all of my tabs every time I want to play, I'd rather have one little collected list.

It'd make my life so much easier.

you can do that. You can access them by going to your profile and clicking "Favorites" on the top right hand side..then click on the "Tabs" tab.
hmmmm.

how about a thing that lets you know that you have new comments as you do with messages, friend requests, etc.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.