Page 4 of 15
Quote by RedDeath9
Hm... How do you change the font color in your profile?

Well, if I correctly remember one can use HTML in your profil.

So for example if you want dark red as your text color, you would have to use this script when editing your profil:

<html>
<body>
<font color="cd0000">
//*Your text*\\
</font>
</body>
</html>

This would then look like this once you've saved all changes and you look on your profil page:

//*Your text*\\

This was just, as mentioned above an example using the color dark red. If you want to use a different color, just Google a color palette or so, so you can get all colors and the correct HTML code for it.

I hope this is what you meant and I hope it'll help in near future.
Quote by Guitarman015
hmmmm.

how about a thing that lets you know that you have new comments as you do with messages, friend requests, etc.

You can get email notifications for that.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Browns Town
Well, if I correctly remember one can use HTML in your profil.

So for example if you want dark red as your text color, you would have to use this script when editing your profil:

<html>
<body>
<font color="cd0000">
//*Your text*\\
</font>
</body>
</html>

This would then look like this once you've saved all changes and you look on your profil page:

//*Your text*\\

This was just, as mentioned above an example using the color dark red. If you want to use a different color, just Google a color palette or so, so you can get all colors and the correct HTML code for it.

I hope this is what you meant and I hope it'll help in near future.

Aw, damn... What I actually meant is something like this:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dinkydaisy/

With all of the links colored.
Quote by RedDeath9
Aw, damn... What I actually meant is something like this:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dinkydaisy/

With all of the links colored.
Only the coolest UGers get coloured pages.

Hannah (Dinkydaisy) = teh Awesomeness..
Be patient, one day you'll be cool enough to get a coloured page.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by prncessdew
you can do that. You can access them by going to your profile and clicking "Favorites" on the top right hand side..then click on the "Tabs" tab.

Oh. Ahaha. I had to look harder. Never saw it before. Thanks anyway.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Only the coolest UGers get coloured pages.

Hannah (Dinkydaisy) = teh Awesomeness..
Be patient, one day you'll be cool enough to get a coloured page.

Aw
For you folks who want coloured links:

<style type="text/css">a:active, a:visited, a:link { color:#FF6600 } <br />
a:hover { color:#993333; } <br />
</style><br />

Put that in your 'about me'. You can change the #FF6600 and #993333 to whatever colour you want, but you need to use hexadecimal coding. Here's a table:

The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Last edited by Dinkydaisy at May 10, 2008,
Quote by Dinkydaisy
For you folks who want coloured links:

<style type="text/css">a:active, a:visited, a:link { color:#FF6600 } <br />
a:hover { color:#993333; } <br />
</style><br />

Put that in your 'about me'. You can change the #FF6600 and #993333 to whatever colour you want, but you need to use hexadecimal coding. Here's a link to a good table:
http://www.christiansitehosting.com/Hexadecimal%20Color%20Coding%20Chart.gif

Thanks. I thought it would be something to do with styles and css... I learned it last year, but I forgot everything.
I tried to click the "Find all posts made by" link on my profile and it says the search has been disabled?

Any chance that can be brought back again?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I tried to click the "Find all posts made by" link on my profile and it says the search has been disabled?

Any chance that can be brought back again?

It's temporary.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by seanjp7
make it so you can close your account if you want to!!!

That'd not a good idea, as a function like that would make tracking multiple accounts hugely difficult.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
You can get email notifications for that.

He means on-site notification. I think that would be really useful as well, as I don't check my email as often as I should.

Could we have a link to our control panel from our profile page? We have links to edit our profile and add pics and stuff, so why not just include a Control Panel link so we can get to our avatar and signature and stuff?

Also, for those of us with stuff on Photobucket, could we have a way to upload pics from a URL? It would be easier than pasting it into paint and uploading it the regular way.

EDIT: Is there a way to rearrange our pictures?
Last edited by Scourge441 at Dec 30, 2007,
Quote by Scourge441
He means on-site notification. I think that would be really useful as well, as I don't check my email as often as I should.

Could we have a link to our control panel from our profile page? We have links to edit our profile and add pics and stuff, so why not just include a Control Panel link so we can get to our avatar and signature and stuff?

Also, for those of us with stuff on Photobucket, could we have a way to upload pics from a URL? It would be easier than pasting it into paint and uploading it the regular way.

EDIT: Is there a way to rearrange our pictures?

[img]url goes here[/img]

-Matthew Arnold

It would be handy with a sort of notification somewhere when there was a new comment anywhere - profile, blogs, images or whatever.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
It would be handy with a sort of notification somewhere when there was a new comment anywhere - profile, blogs, images or whatever.

I was thinking when you have a new comment etc the coloured box around "my profile" maybe could change colour?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Raziel2p

+1

I just came in here to suggest this. Telling you where it was would be helpful as well (which image or blog). It takes forever sorting through your blogs to find the new comment.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I get emails with links which take me straight to the blog/picture/whatever.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by fronkpies
I was thinking when you have a new comment etc the coloured box around "my profile" maybe could change colour?

What about just adding it to the list with "Friend Requests" and "New Messages"?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I get emails with links which take me straight to the blog/picture/whatever.

Some people don't want their inboxes clogged up with silly emails from UG. Why not give notificiations in the list like for PMs, friend requests, group invites etc?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
+1

I just came in here to suggest this. Telling you where it was would be helpful as well (which image or blog). It takes forever sorting through your blogs to find the new comment.

Psh, just do what I do and remember the number of blog comments you have

-Matthew Arnold

Slight issue: all my friends have been deleted off of my UG profiles friends list. I'm not quite sure what's happened but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it.

Oscar Wilde
maybe everyone simultaneously decided they hated you, meths?

EDIT: ok i sent you a friend request to make you feel better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 9, 2008,
Quote by Meths
Slight issue: all my friends have been deleted off of my UG profiles friends list. I'm not quite sure what's happened but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it.

I tried adding you again, but it tells me you're already on my friends list =/

-Matthew Arnold

Probably been said but for the sake of being a bit on the slow side.

Since the new year it has registered everyone a year older than they really are. I am actually not 23 until the 3rd of March, but my profile (seen via someones favourites menu) says I am already 23.

Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
^ Steve,

That's not a suggestion, that's a bug. You need to put that here:

Official Ultimate Guitar Profies BUGS thread

You seem to be a nice enough fellow, so I won't report you ... this time.

But shape up, eh? No more spam.

<_<

>_>

<_<

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I tried adding you again, but it tells me you're already on my friends list =/

It has now magically fixed itself.

I swear they were all gone though...

Oscar Wilde
^ I'm certain they were gone. Or at least, not visible.
Sarah (raindropsXroses) had the same thing happen to her.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I personally think that 'Private' user profiles shouldn't be allowed, or better yet, remove the option to have one.

Sure it's cool and mysterious to have a private profile so that nobody can see what's on there and all that, but I think the novelty has worn off a little...

My reasons/thoughts to back this up are as follows:

* What do you people have to hide? Seriously, it's a Guitar website, not some kind of stalker information database. If the reason why you have a private profile is because you don't want people to know your age/birthday/location etc, don't put it in there and only tell people who you want to know.

* This isn't (Sorry for the pathetic example) MySpace. MySpace (as well as many other websites similar to it) have private profiles as well, and this annoys me (Personally) to a certain extent. Why bother making a profile if nobody can view it unless they be your friend? What if they don't want to?

* By the time I typed all this out I got distracted and forgot what else I was going to say, so I guess that will have to do...

But anyway, it's just a thought and I'm not having a go at anyone about it (Sorry if it sounded like I was).

Cheers.
2 Meths:
You should post it in Bugs thread or in my profile. There is such error, it happens cause we are upgrading friends system (first version turned out to be unstable).
Hi guys...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to put a "Lyrics" tab next to "Rate | Comment | Plays : 1 | Report!" that would open a new window on MP3s?

It's just that sometimes I like to read along with lyrics when listening to the music on here, but it's hard to do unless they post a Blog containing the lyrics...

Plus, I mix my vocals too low in my songs and no one ever has a clue what I'm singing

I just think it would be a useful addition to the site, as there are a few good lyricists here

Thanks if you get back to me =]
^ I love that idea!

It should definitely be included in the things considered, when they design the next version.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by gallagher2006
Hi guys...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to put a "Lyrics" tab next to "Rate | Comment | Plays : 1 | Report!" that would open a new window on MP3s?

It's just that sometimes I like to read along with lyrics when listening to the music on here, but it's hard to do unless they post a Blog containing the lyrics...

Plus, I mix my vocals too low in my songs and no one ever has a clue what I'm singing

I just think it would be a useful addition to the site, as there are a few good lyricists here

Thanks if you get back to me =]

That's a neat idea. I see no flaw in that - right now people often post lyrics in blogs; this would be much more efficient, and is entirely feasible.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Could you please transfer the ""-smiley to the profiles too? I crave it... I need it...
Here is some player settings:
http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/main.php?mode=account_settings

You can show 5, 7 or 10 tracks ordered by popularity or date. Also you can choose to show tracks from specified album.

If you want for some reason to show other number of tracks in custom order, you can create new album, add some tracks to it, manualy rearrange them and select to show tracks from specific album in your account settings.
Last edited by Till From Kenig at Jan 24, 2008,