Page 5 of 15
Well this has probably been said, but I would like it if you could edit/delete the posts you make in someones comment/pictures/blogs ect. sections of their profile. That would be pretty sweet
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
could there be a "select all" button for the Private Messages window? I had 500 messages and i don't want to click on all 500 boxes to delete them...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ good call! also the same thing for posts on your profile page would be cool. I deleted mine a day or two ago and it took about 5 minutes.

Obviously not a tragedy, but if you could do it with one click, and it's not too much bother to implement...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
it would be gr8 if you can make like a search bar for mozilla and internet explorer (like the google one) so you can enter to the tabs from wherever you are
Quote by G.a.c.771
it would be gr8 if you can make like a search bar for mozilla and internet explorer (like the google one) so you can enter to the tabs from wherever you are

There is one for Mozilla, I had it before. Lemme try and find it.

EDIT: I found it but the link was broken so I couldn't get to it. I found an opera one though.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Feb 12, 2008,
Would it be possible to have music comments show up on the music page like they do off the main profile page, ie you click the comments button and you get a small little window with just comments for that song. It's a bit confusing looking through all teh comments to see what relates to what song.

Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by cmasterprice
when you click "my profile" and it shows if you have anything new, could you guys make it so it tells you if you have new comments

Yeah, we should really get this feature.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by cmasterprice
when you click "my profile" and it shows if you have anything new, could you guys make it so it tells you if you have new comments

we are now working on it
Big Dyuha
okay, a few things.

#1, being able to search members + groups would be amazing. Like, search by interest and whatnot.
#2, having the option for "ultimate-guitar Couples" or something like that. Like a "Relationship Status" and the name of your significant other is optional? :]
#3, disable the ability for other users to search posts and stalk you. A problem im currently dealing with.
#4, The ability to upload 5 or more pictures at once. I don't even add them because I have such a boring time sitting there and uploading about 3 gbs of myself. haha.
#5, An awards section visable with small, cute pictures on your profile. You get awards depending on how many contributions you have and how high up you are. like "Top 50 tab contributor" "#1 tab contributor"(a gold UG :cool "contributed 5 tabs to the archive".

something like that, and like a new tab for them or something :] I think it'd rock.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
#1, being able to search members + groups would be amazing. Like, search by interest and whatnot.

If I'm not mistaken, you mean the following:
- search for Seth Shadows + Ikebana Lovers group. your search return no results and then you...
- search for Seth Shadows + Banana Haters group. no results once again. you're thinking "wtf?!?!"

I mean, if you're interesting in a certain person's interests -- you could visit his/her profile and find out in which groups he/she is and whatnot. Or you could visit a certain group profile and view members list or... did I get you wrong?

Quote by Seth Shadows
#2, having the option for "ultimate-guitar Couples" or something like that. Like a "Relationship Status" and the name of your significant other is optional? :]

Great idea! I'm not sure it'll be very popular, but it's.. just great! some kind of life simulator, cyber weddings, cyber children, cyber families, cyber se.... oh, sorry ) or your and your real significant other photos with happy faces and some warm words below. Great! +1
*Taken under consideration*

Quote by Seth Shadows
#3, disable the ability for other users to search posts and stalk you. A problem im currently dealing with.

Do you mean forum posts? Or do you mean forthcoming "UG Activity Log"? What exactly? As I know there is no such option on UGP now.

Quote by Seth Shadows
#4, The ability to upload 5 or more pictures at once. I don't even add them because I have such a boring time sitting there and uploading about 3 gbs of myself. haha.

Yeah, I think it's quite possible to add this option. For example: you choose a pic, then click to "add more" button and fields for new pic appear.

Quote by Seth Shadows
#5, An awards section visable with small, cute pictures on your profile. You get awards depending on how many contributions you have and how high up you are. like "Top 50 tab contributor" "#1 tab contributor" ( a gold UG ) "contributed 5 tabs to the archive". something like that, and like a new tab for them or something :] I think it'd rock.

It's pretty interesting, I guess. And it would help contributors to be more distinguished.
Big Dyuha
I'm not sure if I've/someone else has posted this suggestion before, or just thought about it a lot (if the former, I apologize in advance for wasting your time). I know that we have a forum post tracker; is there any way to make something like this for profile comments? I'd like to be able to search through my old Profile comments, as well.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Dyuha, For #1 I meant you could have the ability to search people's interests by favorite bands/tv shows or w/e. There's quite alot of people on UG and it's challenging to search through them all if you're looking to chat up a favorite band with them. Especially if they don't go into the forums haha.
#2, thats not exactly what I meant but... that sounds pretty awesome actually
I meant like: "Single, Relationship, Open Relationship, Commited/Serious Crush, Crush, Married..." etc and if you have anything else but single, you could put the name of the person you were crushing on and/or a link to their UG profile/myspace/last fm. w/e
#3, Yeah, people can search forum posts.
#4 + 5, :] sounds awesome.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by sam i am
I think has been said before but could we be able to order mp3s and choose which appear on the front page?

this is like the idea i was looking for

i just did the albums suggestion, but it doesn't seem like anyone's gonna take the time to click that much, since it's a bit hidden.

perhaps a scroll bar for all the music on the front page would be good? like, maybe just show the box/window of 5 songs, but all the songs posted would be able to be found by scrolling down through it.

really appreciating the work getting done, it's awesome
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Now I've got loads of ideas guys

1. why wont you add an organizer or calendar??? (It’ll be cool and will help to make the site better and more comfortable)
2. This is for bands… just make so the fan’s could rate the band members from the band’s profile page
3. This is for skills add a line other in the instrument’s box like in the skills box and a place to write the name of the instrument.
4. add the second line of the status bar… for example went to school 2h ago happy 1 minute ago (it’ll show what was before the current mood)
5. add more word place for the status bar
6. At least 50% of forum smiles like doesn’t work in profiles…
7. This one will be hard one but… add a page for scripts like myspace has got… there’ll be only color scripts and mouse scripts… and mayb background scripts….
8. and also could be a place for equipment soundclips (it’ll be hard to give that much space I think but if no than y not??)
9. And is it possible?? voting threads in groups??

Well this’ll do yet…. I’ll try to get more interesting ideas and hmmm if I can help win anything than pm me or just write hre
And write wut did you like from these ideas and wut didn’t… wut can b made and wut cant.

Sincerely V
I'd like to see a Interface searchbar for Firefox.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
vigenharutyunya, you can change color on your UG profile. I've done it. for the most part anyway.

I think we should add something like:
http://en.netlog.com/go/downloads/view=music
Since this is a music based site, I think it'd be awesome to have something like this. It publishes song titles of all the music you play in winamp/mediaplayer/ITunes/whatever.
It's amazing.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

No, I'll stick with vigenharutyunya.

if people are desperate enough to get their profile changed, then they'll do it themselves.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

there should be a parameter
search by state
in the search for users part

right now theres country and city
but city is too specific

it would help tons for finding people to jam with in your area
thanks!
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

It would be cool if you got a notification when somebody comments your profile, pictures, mp3s, and blog. Can we make this happen?
Quote by metal Lover
It would be cool if you got a notification when somebody comments your profile, pictures, mp3s, and blog. Can we make this happen?

yeah, that'd be nice. we already have the email notifications, but maybe something that's on the main profile page.

make sure to put some kind of big notice on our profiles when the recent visitors thing is in, so I can disable it
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Mar 23, 2008,
Would it be possible to get like the recent visitors to your page but for recent listeners to your music? I'd be interested to see who listens to my music.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
I thought that since you can show up to 10 mp3s on your own profile, you should be able to show up to 10 on your band profile...just a suggestion.

cause I think most people see the 3 you have up and think thats all you have...Or there to lazy to check out the rest of them...

Thanks for listening.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
I thought that since you can show up to 10 mp3s on your own profile, you should be able to show up to 10 on your band profile...just a suggestion.

cause I think most people see the 3 you have up and think thats all you have...Or there to lazy to check out the rest of them...

Thanks for listening.

That'd be a pretty good idea. I was thinking that the other day but forgot to post it here. I second that idea.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by timi_hendrix
Go to Account Settings in your profile.

There's an option to show up to 10 mp3s already.

He's not talking about that option for your personal mp3s, he means for the band pages. There is not an option like that for the band pages yet, only the profiles.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Hey, moderators.

I just signed up, but unfortunately, the registry screwed up my username.

Could you make my name the following?

g°®†

Thanks alot!
Suggestion 1: Bulletins from groups.

1 - The Admin of a profile group will have the ability to select whether Admin, Mod, or Member can send bulletins to all members of the group.

2 - Bulletins would be created in a section of the group forum, similar to the way threads are created.

3 - When completed, a copy of the bulletin would be available to members in an area similar to their private messages.

Alternate scheme: Group threads and group comments would have the ability to initiate "flags" set on members' Profile Maintenance Home. Members would be notified when any thread had been added to, in the groups they select to receive these notices from. The flag would indicate which group the new activity occurred in.

This kind of function is important for members who belong to many groups. It's very inconvenient to check every group for new activity. I believe many groups grow stale prematurely because there is such a long delay between on member posting in a group and other members seeing the posting.

Suggestion 2: UG Forum Pop-Ups.

Members would be able to select which Profile functions will initiate a Forum pop-up to alert them of group activity. Activities such as new Profile PMs, new Profile comments, new post on Profile group thread, new blog subscription, new photo comments, etc, would each be selectable to enable initiating a forum pop-up.

The forum pop-up doesn't need to show which Profile activity triggered it, only that there was new profile activity.

As it is now, Profile messages and comments are often unnoticed for long periods of time. Adding this feature would greatly enhance the use of the Profile pages.

Cheers,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin

Thanks for listening.

we'll start working on it ASAP. thanks for a good suggestion
Big Dyuha
Hey, I don't know if it'd be possible to change, but to me it seems stupid to have to remember different smiley codes for the profiles and the forums. Couldn't you make the profile smiley codes the same as the forum smilies?

Example:

= : p : (without the spaces) on the forums but :p on the proflies.

Maybe if there was a smilies menu on the comment box or something?
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa