Search Bar showed nothing and i reckoned it would fit into the pit...but anyhoo, I was in Virgin today, in the metal section looking for cds, and i stumbled upon a CD case with the following written on it;

ARTIST: GUNS N ROSES

TITLE: CHINESE DEMOCRACY

RELEASE DATE: 17TH SEPTEMBER

I took a photo of it on my phone (which wont work on the computer ) but i thought that was quite a bold move on Virgin's part. What do you guys (and girls) reckon?
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
Its been released? Or virign have just put a label ready for the CD?
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
its false, HMV has been doing this for the last year or so. putting up false release dates.

Dont believe it until its officially announced.

I talked to Bumblefoot, one of the guitarists, yesterday. Even he has no idea.
Crap. I thought this was going to be another stupid thread full of flaming, insults, and ignorance about politics...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Robman2k9

I talked to Bumblefoot, one of the guitarists, yesterday. Even he has no idea.

Same I was having a cup of tea with slash yesterday when Izzy and Duff walked in and said Axl was outside selling lemonade, and that still has no idea as to the release date.

Just kidding
After all this hype and crap I can see its going to be turd. I hope it isnt though
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/velvetrevolver/ Join if you love Velvet Revolver!

Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Liberation
She looks like she'd belong in Motley Crue.
They also looked pretty hot back in the day.
I'm a guy, but I'd still bang Nikki.
have you heard the studio leaks?

Better, Chinese Democracy, and There Was A Time are simply amazing. So are the Blues, IRS, and Madagascar. Brian Mays guitar work on catcher in the rye is fantastic.
Theres a reason why its called Chinese Democracy

Bad cliche, I know.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Quote by skagitup
Same I was having a cup of tea with slash yesterday when Izzy and Duff walked in and said Axl was outside selling lemonade, and that still has no idea as to the release date.

Just kidding

lol

bbut seriously, he did say that.
Quote by skagitup

Just kidding

lawlzz, that was neccessary
CTHC
Quote by Robman2k9
have you heard the studio leaks?

Better, Chinese Democracy, and There Was A Time are simply amazing. So are the Blues, IRS, and Madagascar. Brian Mays guitar work on catcher in the rye is fantastic.

That end solo on T.W.A.T

*orgasms*
In my opinion, unlike other 70's - 80's bands that still have much to give and have a lot of creativity and talent, the members just should let G&R rest in peace. It's obvious they are ruining it. They should quit with dignity...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Hurry up chinese democracy you ****ing asshole be realised
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

NUMBAH 1 MEMBER OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD OWN CLUB Pm me to join

Member of the "I Hope MCR Are In a Plane Crash and There Are No Survivors" Club
PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
Quote by buckethead_jr
That end solo on T.W.A.T

*orgasms*

My end solo on T.W.A.T always comes with an eek and a orgasm.
myspace.com/coffinslutcoffinslut
Last edited by cold_steel at Aug 17, 2007,
How can you put it down without even hearing the full album?
Don't, because if you actually are open to the idea that it may be quite good then you'll either, enjoy it, or have the sense of satisfaction that you were right.

Quote by Miggy01
China will turn into a democracy before it will be released.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by buckethead_jr
That end solo on T.W.A.T

*orgasms*

I love the Buckethead wah bit, but when Finck comes back in and they have a duel solo, that kind of annoys me. It's like "Oi! Finck, stop playing! I'm trying to listen to Buckethead."
Quote by urik
In my opinion They should quit with dignity...

I think its a bit late for that....

but still, when it is finally released (I dont care if I'm 40 at the time)....I'll still buy it ^.^
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Chinese Democracy

The long-awaited fifth album by the band was finally released on April 18, 2023 after wrangling the title from The Offspring's clutches. It debuted at #1 and went triple-platinum on the first day of release. But when the consumers found out how awful it was, numerous riots ensued throughout the U.S. since they waited at least 100 years for new product from them and what they got was an aural kick to the nuts. Of course, Axl did not care about the riots, as he was at home counting all the money he had made thanks to the many fools who shelled out cash for Chinese Democracy. Reportedly, Axl was heard to say: "**** them jerks, I am a rock god!"

The album came in a large box and comprised of five CDs that all had to be played at the same time for complete effect and even allowed the listener to pick out a track number for each CD (for example 1, 1, 7, 3, 9) creating thousands of song structures, a 438-page paperback novel (which served as liner notes and a backstory), a small jar of snake scales, a cigarette butt autographed by Slash, and a drop of Axl Rose's blood on a microscope slide. The music consisted of very little hard rock, rather being filled with big-band horn sections, lengthy operas, a Belgian mens' choir, and kitchen appliances somehow hooked up into Moog synthesizers.

The political and humanitarian elements that took 30 years to write are totally wasted; by the time this album was released China had actually become democratic.

As a matter of fact, Chinese Democracy has nothing to do with Guns N'Roses. It's just Axl's retarded solo "project".
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
the songs i've heard off chinese democracy are ok. i wont buy the cd. i'll probably just download it. but i don't believe that release date.
Quote by nodtomc
Chinese Democracy

The long-awaited fifth album by the band was finally released on April 18, 2023 after wrangling the title from The Offspring's clutches. It debuted at #1 and went triple-platinum on the first day of release. But when the consumers found out how awful it was, numerous riots ensued throughout the U.S. since they waited at least 100 years for new product from them and what they got was an aural kick to the nuts. Of course, Axl did not care about the riots, as he was at home counting all the money he had made thanks to the many fools who shelled out cash for Chinese Democracy. Reportedly, Axl was heard to say: "**** them jerks, I am a rock god!"

The album came in a large box and comprised of five CDs that all had to be played at the same time for complete effect and even allowed the listener to pick out a track number for each CD (for example 1, 1, 7, 3, 9) creating thousands of song structures, a 438-page paperback novel (which served as liner notes and a backstory), a small jar of snake scales, a cigarette butt autographed by Slash, and a drop of Axl Rose's blood on a microscope slide. The music consisted of very little hard rock, rather being filled with big-band horn sections, lengthy operas, a Belgian mens' choir, and kitchen appliances somehow hooked up into Moog synthesizers.

The political and humanitarian elements that took 30 years to write are totally wasted; by the time this album was released China had actually become democratic.

As a matter of fact, Chinese Democracy has nothing to do with Guns N'Roses. It's just Axl's retarded solo "project".

You sir, suck.

edit: Did i mention you fail?

Quote by Miggy01
Quote by nodtomc
Chinese Democracy

At least 100 years?

The last GnR album came out in 1923?

Quote by cold_steel
My end solo on T.W.A.T always comes with an eek and a orgasm.

Yes, twats make me orgasm, as well.

Seriously. I'm pretty sure by this point that the album doesn't actually exist. Come April, Axl is gonna jump out from behind a bookcase and yell "SURPRISE! There is no new album! April Fools! 15 years in the making! You should've seen your face..."
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
GNR thread is in the 80s & Shred forum.

I've pre-ordered this already though.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...