http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

So I've been spoofed and a $5000 withdraw has been claimed from my bank account.
They Called and said they were Bravado, Which by the way is a site I use frequently to buy online, asking me to confirm my purchase and got my credit card number.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
You seem well calm for someone who's just lost $5000. Can you do anything about it?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad
You seem well calm for someone who's just lost $5000. Can you do anything about it?

Well "HOLY F*CK I JUST F*CKING LOST FIVE F*CKING THOUSAND F*CKING DOLLARS!!!!" doesn't solve anything. And no, there is nothing I can do about it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Some credit card companies would personally phone you and confirm the transaction for amounts much smaller than that.
Bring back Tabo
Quote by B345T
Some credit card companies would personally phone you and confirm the transaction for amounts much smaller than that.

the order came our to $439.29 from bravado and well they called and said to confirm that exact price using bravado's phone number and everything.
So basically they do the usual credit card number check that they use where you imput it on your phone and then they got it and drained it.

PrePaid Mastercards Ftl.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Sucks to be you.

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that mr.
Quote by rijker
it wasn't the ugandan guy off phone jacker was it?

Hint: They don't have phone jacker in the US I don't think

You should have just given them the lotto numbers as your number.

Companies should never personally ask for a number. At least now you know this.
dude that just happened to me. a spoof paypal email over an ebay transaction. if i didnt think there was something shady going on and reported it i would have lost $600. i feel so violated.
Put it down to to experience.

Even though you probably cant afford putting it down as experience.
Quote by Seth Shadows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

So I've been spoofed and a $5000 withdraw has been claimed from my bank account.
They Called and said they were Bravado, Which by the way is a site I use frequently to buy online, asking me to confirm my purchase and got my credit card number.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Fucking hell man.

That blows so much.
Funny words.
that sux big hairy blue balls(yes, blue). track em down and beat them for ur money. i'm serious
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer