Okay,

I am in the market for a new amp since my old one blew out on me about 6 months ago. I have been looking into Peavey Amps recently after playing a buddie's XXX a couple of months ago. I have nowhere near the kind of money for something like that, but I am looking to spend around $500.

So now for a couple requests...

Which of these two amps sound better?
Peavey Valveking 112 or the Peavey Transtube 112 EFX

Should I get a Tube or non-tube?

If I am going to get a tube amp (any in the price range), which ones are known to have a good sound with drop tuning?

Finally, if you guys have recommendations for other amps within the price range, let me know.

Thanks
save up for a used 5150 combo, if you play metal

valveking is pretty good for anything BUT metal.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by TacoPaco9317
save up for a used 5150 combo, if you play metal

valveking is pretty good for anything BUT metal.

Distortion Pedal = Metal
You should get a used tube amp. You should have no trouble finding a Peavey Classic 30 or 50 for under $500. What kinda music are you playing? Maybe I could come up with a couple other amps for you to look out for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yea. i love my valve king head for what i play, but it doent have quite enough chunck for metal. i was in a shop today playin a vox valvetronix modeling amp (2x12) and it was pretty sweet.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT212-50w-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481035

they also make a 1x12 thats a little cheaper

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482615

i was playin a cheap epi lp (bolt neck)
and even that sounded decent thru it.
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
With $500 look for a used Peavey 5150.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
There are better amps than the Valveking for metal. You can get a great amp on the used market that will.