Hi all. Anyone using the stomp box version and if you are, why would I need/want one?
I've read a few good reviews, but wanted some hands on experience from guitarists that know their gear.
MY GEAR:
Carvin V3 combo
Boss:
-BF-2 Flanger
-CE-5 Chorus
-TU-2
-TR-2 Trem
-DD-3 Delay
Rocktron Hush
Multiple Gibsons/PRS/Fenders

Thanks
If you want to hear your signal in the manner it was intended without phase distortion, get one. How good or bad it sounds depends entirely on how you use it.
I've tried them out in the shop before. On both the clean and lightly overdriven settings, the difference was amazing. The notes are clearer, brighter and more defined. I turn it back off and then it seemed like the amp got covered by a blanket!
To be fair that does something completely different. The Sonic Maximizer is designed to correct phase distortion caused by most speakers, amps, and other equipment your signal goes through. That Valvulator changes the impedance and powers pedals, but you still have all the phase distortion issues. Perhaps if you used them both at the same time, yes, but I'd still opt for a BBE.
Quote by maxwell_house
I've tried them out in the shop before. On both the clean and lightly overdriven settings, the difference was amazing. The notes are clearer, brighter and more defined. I turn it back off and then it seemed like the amp got covered by a blanket!

So with heavy distortion, it didnt make a difference?
It makes a difference no matter how much distortion you have. Phase distortion is phase distortion, it will always be there, and the Maximizer will correct it.
Well I didn't get to try it out with any high gain/distortion. But for what it does in clean and overdrive settings I think its well worth its price (which is not that much btw).
I have one, and it works wonders after lots of non-truebypass effects (like urs.). I have one. where do you live? Do you want to buy mine?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Eh. I admit when you first turn it on you hear good things.. but after playing with them for a bit you finally turn it off and move it out of your signal chain and realise how much the pedal was killing your dynamics, and adding a slightly 'solid state' sound to your amp. I am not all that impressed with the pedal..
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Aug 18, 2007,