i needd to know how to use a capo. if you are changeing keys with it wouldnt it make some chords off
you use a capo to change the pitch by clamping it on to fret all the strings at a certain fret. for example, lets say you're tuned to E Standard (E A D G B E), and you decide to capo the 2nd fret.. now it's in what i guess you could call F# Standard (F# B E A C# F#)

and no, the chord s wouldnt be off, you'd just have to shift them the same number of frets that your capo is on, and then those same chord shapes would be chords of a higher pitch. lets say you finger a root-6 E chord, pretty standard. then you decide "oh, i wanna raise the pitch a whole step for whatever reason (key change, etc.)." then you'd clamp it onto the second fret, and when you freetted a normal E chord position, instead of fretting a normal E, you'd be fretting an F# chord, because the open notes are now at the second fret, not at the nut.

hope i didn't confuse you, or repeat information you already knew.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I dont use one very often but I've noticed issues on tuning, or perhaps intonation. Sometimes if I have the capo at say the 3rd or 6th fret, the tuning would sound slightly out, take it off and its perfect in Standard E.
Bring back Tabo
^^ Not all capo's affect all strings. There are some that have little 'twirlies' (probably not the technical term ) that allow you to fret individual strings.

(you may know that already but figured I'd share anyway )
It could also be that you're using a standard capo on an electric guitar. You're supposed to use an electric guitar capo, which has a narrower neck fit for the electric guitar, while the standard capo is made to fit the thicker neck of an acoustic guitar. See this.
Actually its an acoustic guitar I'm using with a standard capo, the intonation is usually perfect but with a capo the tuning sounds slightly out.
Bring back Tabo
Quote by B345T
Actually its an acoustic guitar I'm using with a standard capo, the intonation is usually perfect but with a capo the tuning sounds slightly out.

i find i have this problem sometimes too, but barring the same chord gives no tuning issues.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp