ok so im turning a freshmen soon and i signed up for Jazz Ensemble. the thing is i have band camp which is mandatory starting Monday for one week. i am supposed to learn certain songs that the school sent me (for band camp) but they are all for electric bass. the music is in bass clef and it even says electric bass on top and i play guitar. the problem is i cant read sheet music. i can read tabs but not this (plus theyre for bass). another problem is even if this is the right music for me i cant practice it at all during the weekends cuz im goin to a family reunion to New jersey. so my questions are:

1. is this the right music for me? when it says electric bass on the music but it says guitar music on the envelope i got it in?

2. how hard would it be to learn to play guitar using sheet music and how can i learn?

3. WTF should i do about this??
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
well in answer to your first question i think you have the wrong music. to answer your second question, can you read music for any instrument? I learned to read music when I was very young, but only read tabs for guitar when i started. when I was forced to read music for a ensemble i was in, it was pretty easy to pick up. if you don't read music then it should still be simple. it's not too hard and if your band director is a cool guy (or girl) just ask them to help you out. thats what you should do.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
i suggest learning how to read sheet music.

That sounded like as asshole, but you should seriously try and learn how to read it. it'll benifit you in the long run, because you'll me a step ahead of those of us who can only read tabs(me).
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
i learned very little when i played piano and clarinet but i only learned piano for a month and clarinet was over 6 years ago
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
come on guys i need your help
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
ok so im turning a freshmen soon and i signed up for Jazz Ensemble. the thing is i have band camp which is mandatory starting Monday for one week. i am supposed to learn certain songs that the school sent me (for band camp) but they are all for electric bass. the music is in bass clef and it even says electric bass on top and i play guitar. the problem is i cant read sheet music. i can read tabs but not this (plus theyre for bass). another problem is even if this is the right music for me i cant practice it at all during the weekends cuz im goin to a family reunion to New jersey. so my questions are:

1. is this the right music for me? when it says electric bass on the music but it says guitar music on the envelope i got it in?

2. how hard would it be to learn to play guitar using sheet music and how can i learn?

3. WTF should i do about this??

Hey dude this is totally a great chance
First of all, Jazz is a great genre that allows you to learn a million stuff
about how to play any of the instruments involved
Bass surely plays a big part in Jazz

And about the sheet music
You should first learn the notes on the bass frets, (They're really easy, just like in a guitar)

Now when you handle that with completely happiness (huh?)
you have to know how to read a pentagram
and the first note on it is C, than comes D and E (This one goes through the line)
and there the notes that follow take places with spaces and lines
If the notes are # or b than it will show you on top

You just have to practice dude!
I hope I helped
Good luck!