Hello, I need a few suggestions for a new amp. I am playing in a band and I need something loud. I want a not too expensive half-stack combo (preferably). My guitar that I play mostly is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Zakk Wylde EMG 81/85 pickups (installed myself). I have been told that with active pickups sound better with tube amps, is this true? Thanks
Wrong forum mate.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Wrong forum, you'd probably get better responses in the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum.

And I'd suggest a good 2x12 combo, half stacks are unnecessary and you'd never need that much power. Maybe a Laney with a good OD/Distortion in front of it.

You might also wanna look into 80s Peavey tube heads/combos, they're a lot of them on ebay, and they a really good amps, most of them a really good for metal, like the Ultra.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I've played my friends halfstack for a small outdoor party and it was fine. I have a Fender Princeton 65 but I'm looking for something louder and better sounding at high volume. I'm not getting any replies from Guitar Gear & Accessories
Patience, but I'm telling you, if you want a good amp for a low price, go secondhand and get a combo.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?