Hi guys

I got on here to find out about removing the binding and contouring the body of my lp copy. Maybe refinish the top later. It's all black with white binding.

How much trouble is it? Will the binding peel off?

I got a dremel if it means start cutting.
Well, it would be a bitch to do it, and you'd probably need to add a top to the guitar so it's not so thin when you're done contouring, and if you take off the binding, you'll be left with a little bevel around the guitar, won't look pretty.

I suggest just buying a new guitar, it's probably cheaper and easier, and if this is you're only guitar, you'd be left guitar-less for a few weeks/months.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I am getting another guitar. A carvin bolt kit.

What I wanted to do was remove the binding and cut a bevel out of the grooves so it'll be easier on my arm. Sort of make it like a studio. I was going to sand the top to wood and paint it in a different color like red or amber similating a maple top. The sides, the back, and the neck will still be gloss black and left untouched.

It's a korean made lp copy with a two piece tiered mahogany body. Depending on the grain pattern I may stain it instead and clear coat it. Otherwise it'll be solid color.
Like I said, it'll be a bitch, I'd wait until someone more experienced comes around, they might be able to help you.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
you should stick to your plan but just dont mess with the binding.just figure out something to make all the colors go together.