okays i'm sory if this is in the wrong place i wasn't sure so i came to the pit!

now down to buisness... my sis and i are thinking of taking up drums. I already play guitar and have messed around wit a drum set before and it will be my sis's first instrument. We are gonna split the cost and keep the set in the office.

All i want to know is how much a pretty basic drum set will be(in euros please we're irish) and wat are some good brands avoiding the top names and their price tags? Any good websites would also help.

thanks in advance!!

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

Pacific is the good starter set.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I have a set of higher end Mapex and there pretty sweet. They are probably going to run you $300 or 150-170 Euros. Try to get a set that comes with cymbals so you don't have to figure out what to buy.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
i have heard Premier are good but i dont play drums...this is from a mate whos dad does good luck with drumming
SIG
www.thomann.de that site is amazing for everything, and they have free delivery, from germany, everything is cheap and brilliant, im going to buy a low end pearl off them in the next few weeks, they have some mad stuff so check it out
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
Quote by MetzBlaze
I have a set of higher end Mapex and there pretty sweet. They are probably going to run you $300 or 150-170 Euros. Try to get a set that comes with cymbals so you don't have to figure out what to buy.

Ok,I actually play drums..and NOT guitar.

Where did you get your mapex drums,because you say they are the higher end series..and thats deff. gonna cost you wayyy more than 300 dollars.

As for a good starter kit,I would get some Pacifics..Its actually what I started off on.The EZ series isnt too expensive and it comes with just about everything you need to start off with(a pair of hi-hats and i think a crash/ride cymbal or something like that).I mean they are deff. not professional quality by ANY stretch,but you have to keep in mind that you dont wanna get something really good if your not sure your gonna like it and stick with it.
I say get Pacifics too. Dont get a really cheap bad set becuase you'll want it to last for a while until you can save up for a better one.

I also recommend Sabian B8 cymbals if youre willing to get new cymbals. They're cheap and they sound pretty good for a starter cymbal pack. You should just buy the Crash and Hi-hat pack because thats all youll really need. Eventually you can get a ride cymbal, but you shouldnt really need it right away.

EDIT: I made a group for us drummers heres the link please join!!
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ugdrummers/
Last edited by lounge act at Aug 17, 2007,
thanks to everyone who posted! i don't mind buying something pretty dear cause chances are either me or my sis will end up sticking wit them...thanks again!

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus