Page 1 of 2
first: background info on my friend

he is poor, his mom doesnt have a job, his dad is in jail for sexually abusing a child (nearly 100% sure that it didnt happen though), i give him rides to school almost every day, hes somewhat rude to people, he always tries to belittle me (and others) because i have more than him (i try to ignore it though)

now for the actual situation

ok so i walked out of school and sat down on a ledge outside, waiting for my mom to pick me up. my friend (we will call him sean) walks next to me and sits down. we talk. about 10 minutes later my mom pulls up ~30 yards (meters) away. we start to walk there. i did not want to give him a ride cuz i had given a ride pretty much every day this week and its kind of annoying. i thought he was just walking to start on his way home. finally, we walk right next to the car. i start to get in, so does he. as he opens his door, he says, "oh yeah im getting a ride" and proceeds to get in. i say, "what the **** no you're not go walk home". i bitch at him till he starts walking. my mom was like, "declan thats mean why did you do that" and pulls up next to him a few feet away, he gets in, we drive him home and then drive home. end of story.

the reason i reacted so harshly was because i thought it was disrespectful of him to just tell me that i am giving him a ride, as if i have no say in the matter. he could have at least had the decency to ask me while we were sitting and talking for like 10 minutes, waiting for my mom. i dont understand why he didnt just ask beforehand, like he had done everyday up until now.

so, ug, was he being an ass or did i just overreact?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
he should have asked before, and he shouldent really expect to get a ride every single day
you should have given him a a ride in the first place, but he was kind of a dick about it........

Jack my swag
He's a jerk, but you did overreact. What's the big deal with him getting a ride? Just wait for a second and think.
Who dat?
you were being an ass... it shouldnt be annoying to help a friend... if you think that giving someone a ride means they are assholes, then you are the asshole. If hes your friend, it should be no problem.

Why the **** would you break a habit just to piss someone off? it was a good thing to do, and you decided to be an ass and make him walk.
Quote by Fast_Bear
someone sig that typo!

no

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
My amp is so loud, it has no number system.

It's only rated in decibels of loud and louder.
1. he should have asked
2. you shouldn't be THAT rude

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

mmm....you did overreact, that was harsh. he should have asked, but he is most likely embarassed or ashamed.
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
maybe he got too used to it...i mean if you gave him a ride everyday....he would eventually stop asking you cause he got so accustomed to it....since its kind of like your his new "bus".
oh, added info, he lives about 3 blocks from the school and i gave him a ride anyway
He'd probably gotten used to getting free rides all that week and so didn't think of asking. Still, he should of asked nonetheless. You should of stayed calm about it though.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Yeah i figured out i had herpes thanks to wikipedia!
My friend needs a ride?! Humbug!
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
both i think! maybe you should talk with him about that i mean he seems to have a hard life so just tell him that he should ask next time ^^! whatever give him a hug and forget about it!
little bit of both. he shouldve asked earlier but you couldve been a bit less rude to him.
I think you overreacted a bit, everyone can be an asshole sometimes, but that would have been really embarrassing for the guy, and no wonder he's a bit fucked up if his dads in jail for kiddy fiddling :\
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
he should definitely ask, I get a ride home with my best mate alot of the time and I'm always polite, ask him beforehand and then either ask his mum or make sure he does an its always amicable.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
i think that was rude as hell to assume he was getting a ride. I wouldn't have necesarily have bitched at him but i would've told him to ask before getting in the car.
you definately did overreact... you should be willing to help a friend. Especially if it's just giving them a ride home, and ESPECIALLY if it's your freakin mom driving dude...

Although i must admit he shouldn't just assume he is getting a ride.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Well, he should've asked or walked, 3 blocks isn't far at all. But you could've let it slide and talked about it after.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Well, you said that you were giving him a ride almost everyday to school, so he probably thougth that a ride to his home wouldn´t be a big deal... you really overreacted.
I dont like people that just expect something of you. He shows a lack of respect for you by assuming you were going to give him something you were not. Unless some one told me not to ask I would always ask for a lift. Though I never actually ask for lifts, I'm either offered or I'm walking (unless its raining or w.e)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If anything you weren't rude enough. You should have got your mom to help you curbstomp the fucker then reverse over his free-ride-wantin' ass.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I would have thaken the same offense. It's the disrespect of him just saying "Yeah, I'm getting a ride." That's telling you. In front of your mother. My mother would even have been like "Um, what are you doing, you cheeky ****? Did I say I'd give you a ride?"

But it's only giving him a ride.

I suppose you might have overreacted a little, but he was at fault, in the first place. Perhaps you should have just tookld him it was cheeky and impolite to say that, instead of swearing etc.
Quote by rorythefaggot
If anything you weren't rude enough. You should have got your mom to help you curbstomp the fucker then reverse over his free-ride-wantin' ass.

Hahaha. That might be pushin the "overreacting" line.
wtf, my name is Sean. And I have a friend named Declan. That is amazing. I didnt think that there were very many people named Declan.

But that didn't happen to me.

But seriously, if you usually give him a ride, then it makes sense that he would come to expect it and not think that he had to ask.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
your both wrong and i'm right

seriously though, ur friend is rude. I would have done the same thing, but then again you have to give him a little slack since he's your friend. you did have a right to get pissed though. Your friend should have asked nicely instead of declaring that though. you should have been like " if your going to be rude you can walk" instead of kicking him out straight away.
that was gay of him but you overreactted
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
i think throughout the course of this thread we've already discovered what it means to be a friend
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Why should it piss you off? It's not like you're driving or it's costing you petrol, if your mum is happy to give him a ride then it shouldn't bother you cause he's your friend
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Quote by noxiosimitator
1. he should have asked
2. you shouldn't be THAT rude

amen
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

ur luky hez 2 poore 4 da internetz or he myte c dis and get mad

luk the way i c it iz he getted in da habit of takin rydes from u n whylst he shud ov askd u were rong 2 be a dik 2 him it seemz lyk he jus didn ask cuz he had thght tht u had established that he got rydes from u
the thing that really bugged me was his lack of respect, seeing as i had offered him rides up till know, and since hes a poor bugger i usually pay for his lunch with my id card. i try not to get mad at him cuz hes in a messed up situation that isnt his fault, but im definitely no saint. in retrospect, i dont think i overreacted THAT bad, but i probably shouldnt have bitched him out that bad
Quote by hi_im_ggggg
ur luky hez 2 poore 4 da internetz or he myte c dis and get mad

luk the way i c it iz he getted in da habit of takin rydes from u n whylst he shud ov askd u were rong 2 be a dik 2 him it seemz lyk he jus didn ask cuz he had thght tht u had established that he got rydes from u

Learn to type properly or GTFO.
you overreacted, but he was being a real dick by saying "oh yeah im getting a ride"
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
well for you and your friend maybe but for me and my best friend no i do it all the time we are like two peas in a pod and his family is my family so for you yes for me no i understand why
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
you both made a mistake.

Now here's what you should do:
- get some weed
- roll it to a joint
- smoke it together with "Sean"
- forgive each other

problem solved!
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Page 1 of 2