I've just spent about ten minutes trying to search on here for a recommendations thread but haven't had any luck.

I've recently got heavily into the band Explosions In The Sky but other than them, I don't really know of any other solely Instrumental Bands. I was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the direction of some really good bands along the lines of EITS.

If there is a thread like this, I'm sorry, just let me know where it is and I'll delete this one.

Cheers

-Toby
Buckethead has some really good Instrumental stuff, and Rodrigo y Gabriella are also very good.

Both are excellent and I highly recommend them.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
If you like earlier rock style guitar, go with Joe Satriani. He's great! Or if you like 80's metal style, listen to Yngwie Malmsteem. It's older sounding rock, but you will appreciate his guitar skills. These 2 guys can shred!

I also agree with Buckethead. He's awesome!
Quote by SlimG2224
If you like earlier rock style guitar, go with Joe Satriani. He's great! Or if you like 80's metal style, listen to Yngwie Malmsteem. It's older sounding rock, but you will appreciate his guitar skills. These 2 guys can shred!

I also agree with Buckethead. He's awesome!

by yangwie, do you mean neo-classical?! (while jow and the other are just rock)
You've all gotta check this guy out... Tis pretty insane acoustic instrumental, by a Japanese bloke called Kotaro Oshio... I like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lruONOcs0ow

And P.O.D.'s instrumental Eternal is a sweet acoustic track.... great stuff to chill to

Lol i posted this exact thing in the acoustic songs thread.... brings a whole new meaning to double posting
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
^ he is the only one who gave you bands in the same genre as EITS. check out GIAA & Russian Circles, as well as Tristeza, Sigur Ros (they have vocals, but they're practically an instrument), This Will Destroy You, These Monsters..., Ef, Godspeed You! Black Emperor... just get your hands on a bejaysas load of post rock
Post-Rock is the way to go, not crappy self-indulgent guitar-playing. Try:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Mogwai
Sigur Ros (not instrumental but the vocals are in icelandic or hopelandic so it's practicaly instrumental.)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

most of mathrock bands are instrumental, but i'm not sure if you 'll like them
ahleuchatistas
dysrhythmia
don caballero
світ втомився від вас
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Brand X (with Phil Collins on drums)
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
satch...or joe satriani for you lesser folks..has some awsome instrumentals...check out surfing with the aliens midnight
^ 95% of the people who've replied dont seem to get that. people dont ****ing read anymore