Page 1 of 6
More specifically--what do you do when someone puts down metal music, for all those metalheads out there. It annoys me how people belittle it and complain how (some of it) contains screaming.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
I just let others have their own opinions really. Life would be really boring if everyone liked the same stuff.
usually don't say anything, but if they're a real prick i'll tell them to **** off.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
They don't.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Just smile, nod, and walk away.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
I just tell them how narrow minded they are. Most people who put down what I listen to are the wannabe rappers so yeah... they only listen to 50 pence and shit like that so they don't know much about music.
If they keep on annoying me about it after i kindly tell them where to go i, i punch them in the face and see if they still wanna annoy the hell outta me.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
nothing...unless they're being a dick about it...Most people that put down metal (my music of choice) are people who are too close minded to give it a chance so i simply see it as them missing out on a good thing
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I usually just say, ok, whatever. Not everyone likes the same kind of music. And most of the time metalheads are the ones putting down other peoples music.

This is coming from a metalhead btw.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
They haven't put the effort into enjoying music that isn't as accessible as a radio.
Let them have their opinions. I like what I like and they can like what they like even though some people just put down certain music to join the hate-band wagon.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Make fun of their crappy pop music and mainstream rap that always fades out and how they'll never leave the legacy that Led Zeppelin did.
I don't get pissed or anything. I just calmly say:

"Okay? That's fine with me. If you don't like it, I'm not forcing you to listen to it.

And, please, don't say it again. I'm pretty sure you don't want me making fun of your music."

I've had to say that recently, because it happens A LOT. I mean, listening to a lot of the more underground metal, post rock, post metal, and other not-so-known stuff REALLY gets confused looks.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's bothersome but I'm not going to shit a brick over it. I usually respect their opinions unless they're complete assholes.
Swift kick to the nuts followed by a left hook to the sucker?
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I just let others have their own opinions really. Life would be really boring if everyone liked the same stuff.

No but like if someone just flamed how that particular genre sucked just because of what it contains. Music/vocals/etc.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
i either tell them how what they listen to sucks, or i just walk away
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by rilakam
I usually just say, ok, whatever. Not everyone likes the same kind of music. And most of the time metalheads are the ones putting down other peoples music.

This is coming from a metalhead btw.

I hate it when metalheads put down genres apart from metal. I don't take it seriously 'cause I know that a lot of metalheads are closed minded elitists who don't understand other genres and don't bother to try.

This coming from a metalhead to
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
Last edited by symington at Aug 17, 2007,
Quote by puttsey
I dont go on UG to whine about it?

I'm not. And I'm being serious. It's how closed minded people are.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by md41
No but like if someone just flamed how that particular genre sucked just because of what it contains. Music/vocals/etc.

Oh gotcha mate. Probably just tell them to do some more research
i usually say "yeah, well how many albums have you produced you fuking douche?"
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Oh gotcha mate. Probably just tell them to do some more research

Yeah haha but what's really the question is that my bro always complains when I put some music on (in my room as well) that's metal/metalcore/whatever (Lamb of God, AILD, Norma Jean, etc). He says it gives him a headache
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Rhitard
I just tell them how narrow minded they are. Most people who put down what I listen to are the wannabe rappers so yeah... they only listen to 50 pence and shit like that so they don't know much about music.

Way to sound completly arrogant
I usually just walk away - people can have their own opinions, but if they're bein total ***s about it, i walk away whilst satisfying myself with the mental image of burying a cd of whoever they'r talkin s**t bout in their skull...strange how that only ever happens if you're having a particularly bad day though...
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)