so i've got a bass made by some company that i've never heard of before ( Barron)
and the first day i had it, it was perfect. knobs worked, neck was fine, it was all good. but now, the neck has messed its self up pretty bad, the action was like a cemtimeter off the board. so i take it to the guitar store, and the guy there said that he straightened the truss rod as far as it'l go, and the action is still waaaaay off the board. he said the rod and neck didnt match or something, and that i'l need to get a new neck.
do you think i should get a new neck, or just screw it and go for a new bass?
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
try putting something like a this strip of card under the hell of the neck where it joins the body that should lower the action
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
IMO, it's not worth repairing a bass whose name you've never heard before.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i say get a new bass then start toying with this one and do anything
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
depends on how much you like this bass.. if you like the tone/feel try to fix it.. if its just a so so bass go for a Fender Jazz Bass xD
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I've had the same problems. When it happens I tool around with the truss rod and the bridge and then I have to re adjust everything when the seasons change. If you're new to bass I suggest you not try to fix it yourself. I've never heard of this brand so maybe you should look into a better bass than a new neck.