So I just started getting into this great sport a couple of weeks ago (late in the summer, I know), and I still haven't got any wax or traction pads.

I just bought a cheap $30 skimboard from the variety store, and I find I can go a short distance, but if I try to run fast and get on I slip.

How much does wax generally cost, and how long does it take before it comes off? Also, is there a big diff b/w Warm Water Wax and Cold Water wax?

Also, what are traction pads, exactly?
Screw the upgrades, just get a better board. You'll go farther, and you definately wont 'slip' off, unless your doing something wrong yourself that is causing you to fall off.
I love skim boarding been doing it fore like 3 years now yea and its great dude just get a better board if u need any help just ask i'm pretty good I won a few competitions its quite fun
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
yeah, get sex wax. they sell it at local surf stores and stuff. Its like 2.99 for it. I use it on my board and my records like 30 feet or so.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
if skimboarding is a sport so is curling
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I went down to the beach w/ a few friends and one was a good skimboarder. I took a try and the front of the board caught in the sand and i did a faceplant. It was a church retreat, so my friend got a weird look from our pastor when he came back with sex wax.
Damn, skimboarding looks fun. Sadly in Indiana skimboarding is out of the question. Although I'm excited the local ski/snowboard slopes are opening.
666 BRO
Skimboarding is for people with no athletic ability.
Gear:

Guitars
Ibanez JS1000
PRS custom 22
Fender Mustang 67'

Amp
Marshall JCM800 head
2x 1960AV half-stack

Pedals
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
ect.
I personally think skimboarding is pretty easy

try wakeboarding.. or wakeskating sometime
it's the best thing you'll ever do

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by qotsa1278
Screw the upgrades, just get a better board. You'll go farther, and you definately wont 'slip' off, unless your doing something wrong yourself that is causing you to fall off.

Well, I get on the board the same way I do when I don't slip, but since I'm running faster, I assume it's because I have no traction. I mean, it makes sense:

Wet feet + wet board = no friction, therefore I slip.

So yeah, how long does wax last?