i am mainly a electric guitar player, i play tons of metal but i would like a cheap accoustic to use for the occasional slow part. i have a $50 musiciansfriend giftcard and i dont really wanna spend more than 50 more, i know its a cheap price and im not expecting any great guitar for that price, just the best in that range . oh and i would like it to b acoustic electric so i can plug it in. i was looking at the Rogue Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar. is this any good(for the price anyway?) sorry, but i know absolutly nothing about accoustics so please help me out. thanks for the help!, oh and whats the difference between the dreadnought and the grand concert (i think it was?) thanks
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Last edited by SkateEmerica987 at Aug 17, 2007,
That is a tight budget..Not having played that guitar I wouldn't be able to say how good they were. I wouldn't imagine it would be mind blowing but it wouldn't be rubbish.

'Dreadnought' and 'Grand Concert' refer to the size of the body of the guitar (I think?). Bigger body doesn't always = bigger sound but I think the size of the body will make a difference in that price range.
Maybe someone can explain it better, really it's personal preference as to how a smaller or bigger bodied guitar sounds and feels when you hold it and play it.

But I would actually recommened you save that voucher or spend more and get something like http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-V70CE-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=519468

If you definitely want a pickup in the acoustic your buying, then you'll have to browse around for a good buy.
otherwise for this same price i could get the boss ac-3 acoustic simulator pedal, i dont know what would sound better, an crappy acoustic electric, or a simulated one, any opinions on that?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
50$ will not get you anywhere near a good acoustic electric. Hell, it won't get you anywhere near a crappy one. I dunno man, I'd try get a part-time job or something and save up to around 300. That will get yu something decent.
I have the guitar you are talking about, i am happy with it. I would love to have a better guitar, but this one is solid. The sound is fine, i was able to adjust the action to my liking, and the fishman pick ups are worth more than the guitar.
epic7734
well, im not expecting high quality, and i dont fell like spending 300 on one i will only use on rare occasions, i would just like one for the occasional acoustic piece. anyways, would you go for the guitar i mentioned or the acoustic simulator pedal?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
If you want an acoustic, buy and acoustic. That would be a rule of thumb. Simulators just work for cleans on an electric, they don't really sound that acoustic.