I was just wondering if it's better to record electric guitar with a mic or an audio interface?
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
if you have a nice amp, and a nice mic (shure sm57 is my fav) i like to go that way. more natural sound. alot more work though.
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
Depends, if you have a nice amp, a distorted amp mic'd up, I think, will always sound better.

If you're playing cleans, I'd go direct to the audio interface.
Its completely upto you.
In recording and production there's no right way or wrong way, there's no good way or bad way...
Well there are a few guidelines but they don't need to be strictly followed. Thats how you get variance in tracks!!

I'ld say try out all the set ups. Use just a guitar output into the line input of the recording interface.
Guitar into amp into recording interface.
Guitar into amp into mic into recording interface.

There are loads of different combinations and mic placements you can come up with.
Just experiment with them all till you get a tone YOU like the best.

As i said again, there's no good way or bad way in recording and production. Its all subjective. Its just the way it sounds the best.
well i was asking this because i was wondering if i could just get a mic instead of a interface so i can use it for vocals also i havent bought any of thes items yet i was just gettin some info so i could possibly save mone and just get one or the other
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
You'll need an interface to get a good quality recording.
Your computers sound card wont be good enough for audio recording. Connecting the mic straight into the comp will not give a good quality....

if thats what you were looking for....
im new to recording so im just trying to get some info on it.. ya i see what you mean about the sound quality.. ill prob just get an interface for the guitar.. what should i do on vocals? a mic or what? a mic going into an interface?
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD