Actually, I think so. You're getting a run-of-the-mill P-Bass clone made of Basswood, so it's pretty standard stuff. However, the amp is actually quite good. The Nemesis line of Eden is a good value and they do actually make decent amps. Also, an amp that's made out of honest-to-God plywood is a good thing. Most cheap/practice amps are made out of particle board. That's a definite plus.

EDIT: also, how many practice amps come with compression? You can't beat it. However, I think the amp is the star of the package, not the bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Actually, I think so. You're getting a run-of-the-mill P-Bass clone made of Basswood, so it's pretty standard stuff. However, the amp is actually quite good. The Nemesis line of Eden is a good value and they do actually make decent amps. Also, an amp that's made out of honest-to-God plywood is a good thing. Most cheap/practice amps are made out of particle board. That's a definite plus.

EDIT: also, how many practice amps come with compression? You can't beat it. However, I think the amp is the star of the package, not the bass.

the main reason i want it is because of the amp. but will this bass last me a long time?
you may realize that as you play more, the bass will not be as versatile as more expensive basses, but id say its great especially if you're first starting out, and the amp will hold up for a while.

most beginner basses don't have the tonal options as more expensive basses do, so like i said, you may want to replace it a few years down the road
Quote by jsbassboy
you may realize that as you play more, the bass will not be as versatile as more expensive basses, but id say its great especially if you're first starting out, and the amp will hold up for a while.

most beginner basses don't have the tonal options as more expensive basses do, so like i said, you may want to replace it a few years down the road

ill be playing metal stuff.
do you think it would work for that?
Well, some may argue that passive basses aren't the greatest for modern metal, but as far as beginner basses go, I think few would argue that a P-Bass pickup is the ideal pickup to have for that type of music. With Jazz-style, you have versitility, but the tone is rather un-metal. P/J would have the combo you'd want, but beggars can't be choosers.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Well, some may argue that passive basses aren't the greatest for modern metal, but as far as beginner basses go, I think few would argue that a P-Bass pickup is the ideal pickup to have for that type of music. With Jazz-style, you have versitility, but the tone is rather un-metal. P/J would have the combo you'd want, but beggars can't be choosers.

so would the pack be good?
IMO there aren't many huge options or variations as far as the beginners packs go, and this is a solid one, if not the best I've seen. The bass itself isn't OMFG stellar, but I can seriously see you playing that amp as a practice amp (at the very least) for your entire tenure as a bass player. Do it up! Welcome to bass!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
IMO there aren't many huge options or variations as far as the beginners packs go, and this is a solid one, if not the best I've seen. The bass itself isn't OMFG stellar, but I can seriously see you playing that amp as a practice amp (at the very least) for your entire tenure as a bass player. Do it up! Welcome to bass!

thanks dude.
now i gotta come up with 300 dollars.

dammit better go get some lube...
If you get a new Squier P-bass starter pack, you would prolly do just fine. The amp isn't as good, but it's cheaper, and your probably going to get some new gear in about year anyways.