I've heard from various places that materials found in comets and such that bombarded the earth may have contributed to the growth of life. Sounds reasonable to me.
There was an experiment where scientists recreated what they believe the exact conditions to be of the Big Bang. After everything that happened, early, early, primitive, single-celled organisms were "created." Give after a couple of eons or so, those single-celled organisms would evolve into multi-celled organisms, animals, and, eventually, humans.

I don't know too much about it, or even if that's all right. But that's how I believe life came into being. Dunno if that's what the article was talking about, with clay being a catalyst and all that.

Then there's also the theory that the moon was a piece of land, originally located where the oceans are...and that an asteroid broke it off from the Earth and all that...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Aug 17, 2007,
Interesting theory.

But wouldn't an asteroid hitting the earth kill off too many of the one-celled organisms? Even one-celled organisms can only take so much before being destroyed.

And an asteroid hitting earth is no pretty picture either...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by Gunpowder
There was an experiment where scientists recreated what they believe the exact conditions to be of the Big Bang. After everything that happened, early, early, primitive, single-celled organisms were "created." Give after a couple of eons or so, those single-celled organisms would evolve into multi-celled organisms, animals, and, eventually, humans.

I don't know too much about it, or even if that's all right. But that's how I believe life came into being. Dunno if that's what the article was talking about, with clay being a catalyst and all that.

Then there's also the theory that the moon was a piece of land, originally located where the oceans are...and that an asteroid broke it off from the Earth and all that...

I believe what happened was not that the organisms were actually generated but rather cell parts kind of appeared. You had a mitochondria here and there, stuff like that. I don't really know anything myself, I could be wrong lol. Interesting though.
after single cell organisms then multi cell organisms the first ice age ice became seas then they became swamps, sea creatures evolved to cope with the changing environment, and evolved with spines..this is why the human race is the dominant species because we had spines and could get out the swamp.
Quote by R0CKER1220
I heard this on The History Channel's "The Universe". Pretty interesting.

So did I.
Quote by SickMetal
I believe what happened was not that the organisms were actually generated but rather cell parts kind of appeared. You had a mitochondria here and there, stuff like that. I don't really know anything myself, I could be wrong lol. Interesting though.

Oh, no, I think you're right. Now that you mention that, I think that that's what the early cells were, were just the bare essentials to be considered an "organism," so perhaps just a mitochondria. Makes more sense, at least.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!