i play guitar, and i have a friend who plays bass and one who also plays guitar. we're novice or amateur musicians, and are thinking of buying a drum set just to mess around on since we can't find anyone to play drums for us.

good idea or bad?
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
It's not like playing a drum set will diminish your guitar abilities. Go for it.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
ya, i got a used one for 60$!!!!!
it really improved us as a whole.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

it can't hurt anything, I say go for it!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
If either one of you seriously tries to learn drums then I think it's a definite asset. However, if none of you do I would suggest buying it only if you don't spend too much money. It would be good to have an extra drum set for practice reasons. But drums can be pretty damn expensive so they're not worth buying if no one is going to play them.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
search around real hard.

Ive got a drum kit that we use for little jams at my house when the whole band isnt together at our normal jam space, and it only cost me 30$ at a moving sale. its a decent beginner kit, nothing special, but its got all the pieces I need: Bass Drum, Two Toms, Floor Tom, Snare, High Hat, and a crash.

Best part about it is the kick pedal alone has a 36$ price tag on it still.

It definately hasnt made us any worse, and its great to have around when one of my buddies wants to jump on some percussion while I bang around on the guitar.