i just listened to it, it sounds pretty nice. but is this solo hard to play to u guys? just asking in general. ty
LOL
Kinda. Eddie just repeats alot of the same fingerings throughout the song, so if you get those down and up to speed you'll be able to play it prety well. It's not an easy song, but there's certainly a lot of stuff out there that's harder to play.
i cabt play it cause the acurate-sounding tab is to complicated for me and i sont have the time to stare at the tab for long enough to figure it out.so if ne1 can help you can you try to help me?
ya
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

it's pretty fast picking, and tapping. I can't do the tapping part cuz i haven't practiced. the picking is pretty fast for me too... yikes.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
just play it roughly. that's what eddie did anyway.

the tapping part is pretty easy once you get it, but is awesome to show off with
well around my friends we use it as an adjective as in"Did you see that,it like eruption awesome".So yeah
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
Quote by ECistheBest
it's pretty fast picking, and tapping. I can't do the tapping part cuz i haven't practiced. the picking is pretty fast for me too... yikes.

For the tapping you just have to keep working on it. But for the picking, try anchoring one of your picking hand fingers on the body of the guitar so your hand's more balanced and controlled.
STFU ABOUT THAT SONG IT IS SOOOOOOOO OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!and why dont u look up the song to see if it is hard..that would be a smart idea
Ah, it's not as hard as it sounds. I got it okay, but when it i performed it i choked at most things but the tapping. The tapping is what wows people though, and for me, that was the easiest part to learn. Just watch videos of him playing, and you'll get basic tapping down in no time.
DRAGONFORCE>EVERYTHING ELSE paste this into your sig if you like dragonfoce!

My Equipment:

Customized Fender Lead III (Mary-Lou)
Epiphone Firebird VII Red
Fender MIM Strat Midnight Blue
New Amp Soon
Johnson Flanger
Quote by fallout5959
For the tapping you just have to keep working on it. But for the picking, try anchoring one of your picking hand fingers on the body of the guitar so your hand's more balanced and controlled.

thanks for the tip. but i'm not too interested in playing that song. i like "You Really Got Me" from Van Halen... but i don't like Eruption. no David Lee Roth!!! Eruption gets boring after 100 times I've heard the song... (yes, i heard it like 25 times in one night cuz it was so cool that first night.)

and i know "You Really Got Me" is a Kinks cover.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
tapping is easy but the fast picking is hard, and ya tapping does wow ppl that don't play guitar
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
Tapping, i got down in under 15 minutes
some of the speedpicking up near the middle of the tune though
it eludes me

than agian, i ahvent tried it in over a year... and im worlds better now...

i think you just made me talk myself into trying it again
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
Quote by SiKh22
but is this solo hard to play to u guys?

solo?

you mean the whole song?

lol
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I can't get it down right, but its been a good while since I attempted it. Its a bit over played anyhow, I'd rather try and nail Get Out Of My Yard - Paul Gilbert. Much much cooler tapping part. Of course, its much much harder and I can't quite get it.

One nice thing is however that its I think the only Van Halen tune in standard tuning from that album.
I have a tough time getting the tapping up to the correct speed, but the rest of it is okay, definitetly not easy, but it's not like OMFG it's so HARd!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
its easy enough
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial