so, I'm a guitarist by right, and I'm not all too sure if my slapping technique is even correct, as I usually only have the time to slap on my guitars. But I was playing a bass yesterday for a few hours, and I was slapping the most of the time. at this point in time, I cant even bend my thumb. Was I maybe just playing to hard? or maybe this is just because I don't usually play bass? could someone please clue me in here?
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Whoa! You cant bend your thumb? Remember, slap with your wrist loose. Have your thumb parallel to the string. You want your hand to be as relaxed as possible.
Fender Jazz -> Line 6 Bass Podxt Live -> SWR Working Man

I know you like it
yeahh. Its a very odd thing. ahah. Is it because I was slapping on the joint of my thumb? or something else? ahah.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Relax your thumb. That's like locking your knees and kicking a soccerball. Your legs are gunnaa hurt like helll. Relax your hand as much as possible

Quote by NevermorePsalm
yeahh. Its a very odd thing. ahah. Is it because I was slapping on the joint of my thumb? or something else? ahah.

Nope, I use my joint on the side to smack the string. You must have just been at it for a looonnnggg time.

I know you like it
describe how yo u play slap, dont kno if your doing something wrong unless we know how you do it

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I've been having the same problem today. I mean... I just started slapping today, so I suppose that might be part of the problem.

But I use the joint of my thumb too.
welll. my hand was generally relaxed. I learned to slap off of a Victor Wooten vid, so my style of slap is very similar to his if that helps in anyway.
Quote by Yespleasevicar

^ ummm, do you meen the kind that he plays his thumb like a pick?

I know you like it
is it the crazy super double thumping double popping light speed stuff or actual slap

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
is it the crazy super double thumping double popping light speed stuff or actual slap

Ya, i think hes trying to do the double slapping
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yXSB0yDlS54

Edit:

I think that if this is the case, that you should learn to slap like actual slapping. Then step it up later to that. I know that I tried to learn this and I found it hard.

I know you like it
Last edited by harl91 at Aug 18, 2007,
hit it with the bone you hav ein your thumb
at first it'll hrt if you play for along while since your not used to it
but you'll eventually blister there and when that heals your gonna have a hard spot that'll be perfect for slapping.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace