Which overall is better do you think. Some Piezo's sound great but only with a preamp, some sound hole pickups are loose and really quiet, what do you say?

EDIT: Forgot about blended pickups....
Last edited by jtyoss at Aug 18, 2007,
It depends on your amp and how loud you want to play.

If you want to play realy loud you are best off getting a soundhole pickups and playing through and electric guitar amp or an acoustic amp that has a high Z imput.

If you want to play kinda loud you will want an undersaddle transducer with an acoustic amp. Or you will want a good preamp and then plug the preamp into a keyboard amp or a PA.

If you want the most acousticly accurate system, you need to use a soundboard transducer and run it into the mic imput of a PA or keyboard amp. A good preamp can make it so that you can run into line level in's or guitar in's.

Blending systems give you the most versitility. For example, I've been installing a lot of under saddle transducers and soundhole pickups with a blender so that they can rock with a full band or play quiet ballads with the same gutiar. The trick with a blending system is that it needs to have a stereo output so that you can run the soundhole pickup and transducer to different amps.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
It depends on your amp and how loud you want to play.

If you want to play realy loud you are best off getting a soundhole pickups and playing through and electric guitar amp or an acoustic amp that has a high Z imput.

If you want to play kinda loud you will want an undersaddle transducer with an acoustic amp. Or you will want a good preamp and then plug the preamp into a keyboard amp or a PA.

If you want the most acousticly accurate system, you need to use a soundboard transducer and run it into the mic imput of a PA or keyboard amp. A good preamp can make it so that you can run into line level in's or guitar in's.

Blending systems give you the most versitility. For example, I've been installing a lot of under saddle transducers and soundhole pickups with a blender so that they can rock with a full band or play quiet ballads with the same gutiar. The trick with a blending system is that it needs to have a stereo output so that you can run the soundhole pickup and transducer to different amps.

Thanks thats a great description it helped a lot. It's all pretty confusing..I've got about AUD $200-250 (about 80-100 GBP) on getting a pickup installed on my acoustic so I can play gigs with it, it'll be through PA systems so would you recommend an under saddle transducer, with a preamp system?