Say, on your spare time. Do you just focus on rhythm or do you occasionally take the time and play lead, like covering songs and stuff.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Ok well lets say you play rhythm in a band. Or better yet, what if you LIKE to play rhythm? I mean sometimes I like to shred to LoG or something but sometimes I like to take the pop punk stereotype and play a bunch of rhythm power chords or whatever.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Well as a rhythm player, I really don't get into that much of lead playing. You know, sweep picking at impossible speeds is where I lay off and let my lead guitarist come in. It's definitely important to know how to play lead and stuff, but there's so much stuff to do in rhythm. I like to keep my focus 10% lead and 90% rhythm.
Like 60/40 here. I do alot of harmonized licks with my lead guitarist, Im a rythym guitarist/singer.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^^ same
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Yeah I keep it at about a 70/10/20 thing. I am mostly rythym, I practice some lead, and I am backing vocals.

I like it.
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club